+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
vBCms Comments Thread, Article: EduGeek at BETT 2013 - Parat iPad Cube in ; You can view the page at http://www.edugeek.net/content.php?r...arat-iPad-Cube...
  1. #1

    Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    4,125
    Thank Post
    217
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 826 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    528

    Article: EduGeek at BETT 2013 - Parat iPad Cube


  2. #2
    alan-d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield
    Posts
    2,422
    Thank Post
    360
    Thanked 259 Times in 190 Posts
    Rep Power
    77
    Did anyone spot the design flaw?

    When mounted on a wall, firstly you have to take it off the wall to plug in a connecting usb lead but more importantly there is no cable feedway so the cabinet will rest on the cables when wall mounted.

    Also, if wall mounted, how is the cooling fan going to work?
    Last edited by alan-d; 4th February 2013 at 11:28 AM.

  3. #3
    bondbill2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    1,015
    Thank Post
    81
    Thanked 66 Times in 51 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by alan-d View Post
    Did anyone spot the design flaw?

    When mounted on a wall, firstly you have to take it off the wall to plug in a connecting usb lead but more importantly there is no cable feedway so the cabinet will rest on the cables when wall mounted.

    Also, if wall mounted, how is the cooling fan going to work?
    Spotted that too, would look odd mounted to a wall too IMO. How secure is the little slide out bracket for stacking them? Could this be used to secure to a fastening point? Its a nice easy carry gift box for a thief too, maybe add a little bow?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,963
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 153 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    50
    It's a neat design apart from the above flaws. The wall mounting is just bizarre...perhaps there is a bracket which goes up first although it doesn't look like it. And there should be another way for the cables to run. And yes the slide out bit looks a bit flimsy, I'd want a secure anchoring point somewhere

  5. #5
    hallb15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    618
    Thank Post
    666
    Thanked 351 Times in 235 Posts
    Rep Power
    95

    Bracket available under Accessories

    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    It's a neat design apart from the above flaws. The wall mounting is just bizarre...perhaps there is a bracket which goes up first although it doesn't look like it. And there should be another way for the cables to run. And yes the slide out bit looks a bit flimsy, I'd want a secure anchoring point somewhere
    There is a bracket shown under the Accessories title on this page:
    PARAPROJECT® Cube for iPad - PARAT

    It looks as though you hook the cube onto the bracket and can use the slide out clip to padlock them together. From the picture it seems to stick out a few centimeters which should be enough to allow space for the power and USB cables-although you'd have to connect them before attaching to the wall.

  6. Thanks to hallb15 from:

    alan-d (5th February 2013)

  7. #6
    alan-d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sutton Coldfield
    Posts
    2,422
    Thank Post
    360
    Thanked 259 Times in 190 Posts
    Rep Power
    77
    That makes a bit more sense.

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,963
    Thank Post
    160
    Thanked 153 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    50
    Ah yeah looks a lot better!

    Anyone know the rough price of one of these by the way?

  9. #8
    Alis_Klar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Birmingham
    Posts
    323
    Thank Post
    167
    Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    As they have standard USB charging ports will this work with Android Tablets that physically fit into the slot?

  10. #9

    Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    4,125
    Thank Post
    217
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 826 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Alis_Klar View Post
    As they have standard USB charging ports will this work with Android Tablets that physically fit into the slot?
    I don't see why not?

    BTW Kensington were also showing a rebadged version of this at the show, with a kensington lock through the flap.

    I had to lol when the guy told me there's wasn't a Parat rebadged, and Parat had probably rebadged theirs. German manufacturing firms are known for that, right?

  11. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    424
    Thank Post
    39
    Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    RM was selling one for £350



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. EduGeek at BETT 2007
    By russdev in forum General EduGeek News/Announcements
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11th December 2006, 10:28 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •