+ Post New Thread
US General Chat Thread, Grand Canyon white water rafting in United States (US) Specific Forums; Hi all, i'll be in Vegas for a few days next month and i'm interested in a white water rafting ...
    Thank Post

Grand Canyon white water rafting

Hi all, i'll be in Vegas for a few days next month and i'm interested in a white water rafting trip. So far i've seen a few that pick up in vegas and fly you out to the colorado river/Grand Canyon but they're expensive ($450+). Maybe that's not expensive for this kind of trip I don't know. We'll be driving out to GC for a couple of days anyway, anyone know of a place out there that we could arrange it for less?

We'll also be going to San Francisco and Yosemite so if someone can suggest a better location for rafting i'd appreciate it.

Thanks for and ideas guys, i'm double exited

EDIT

I think i've answered my own question it looks way cheaper at Kings Canyon

Any other good suggestions while we're out that way would be great
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 20th February 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Thank Post
    We did a similar itinerary to yours, only in the opposite direction. If you're in Yosemite over a weekend I can recommend Sunday brunch at the Ahwahnee Hotel. Perhaps not such a white knuckle ride as white water rafting, but quite an experience in itself.

3. Thanks to beeswax from:

cookie_monster (21st February 2010)

Thank Post

Post Grand Canyon white water rafting - nope, it's not cheap

Sorry about the sticker shock Cookie Monster, but you've stumbled upon a painful truth about Grand Canyon white water rafting: it doesn't come cheaply. ~$450+ per day is just about right. It sounds as though you've found a cheaper alternative on the King River, but for those reading this forum and considering this tour option for their Grand Canyon vacation, here are some basic facts:

The only 1-day white water Grand Canyon rafting trip is offered by the Hualapai Indian Tribe out of Peach Springs Arizona. This trip is 12-14 hours in length and is priced at about $350 per person. The only drawback to this trip option is that Peach Springs is out in the middle of nowhere, and since this trip starts early in the morning, it is best if you stay somewhere in the Peach Springs area the night before the trip, and preferably the next night because the trip ends late in the afternoon and you'll probably be tired. For info on this trip, visit Grand Canyon West

The above-referenced trip can also be taken as a package with round-trip transportation from Williams Arizona for $499 per person One Day White Water Rafting Tour in the Grand Canyon

For multi-day white water rafting trips (minimum 4 days), visit Grand Canyon Rafting, Grand Canyon Tours, Rafting Idaho - Rivers and Oceans

An even less expensive way to experience the Colorado River is to take a float trip, which doesn't go through any rapids at all. These can be taken as 1/2-day trips out of Page-Lake Powell Arizona www.raftthecanyon.com; or Boulder City Nevada Black Canyon, Willow Beach River Adventures offers Colorado River Scenic float trips & boat rentals All-day package tours for the Page float trip are also offered out of Grand Canyon South Rim and Williams ranging from $190 person and up. Colorado River Smooth Water - Bus - Grand Canyon River Tours

5. Thanks to K-Bot from:

cookie_monster (21st February 2010)

Thank Post
    Well I go on wednesday any suggestions of things that I shouldn't miss, I'll be going to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite and San Francisco.

Cheers.

Thank Post
    The fountains outside the Bellagio are quite something in the evenings. If you're taking children you can always take them to M 'n' M World. It's a while since I was last there and things change so quickly in Vegas. A stroll around the Venetian, or any hotel on the strip, is a cheap way to pass the time.
    I found the Grand Canyon literally too big to take in, the scale is unbelievable. I've never been to a place quite so beautiful as Yosemite and I'm extremely jealous of you, especially as (I assume) you'll be experiencing it for the first time. If you're staying in the valley take the time to go out at nightfall to check out the night sky. The number of stars in the sky is simply awe inspiring. If you're a keen photographer there's also the Ansel Adams Gallery to take the wind out of your sails. You'll have a great time. On the whole, the Americans are an extremely friendly and helpful people.

8. Thanks to beeswax from:

cookie_monster (20th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Where you stopping in Vegas?

Free attractions /not too expensive attractions in vegas include:

Bellagio fountains - free
    the glass chandaler / garden area at bellagio
    The gondolars at the venetian follow the canal round. It's indoors but looks like it's outdoors.
    Madame Tussauds at the venetian - if you get the mono-rail check the flyers voucher books lying around can usually get a discount.
    Forum shops at Caesars Palace
    Lion Habitat at MGM - free
    Shark aquarium at Mandalay bay
    Volcano at mirage
    Pirate show at TI
    New york new york is always good for a walk round, roller coaster is pretty good too.
    Speed roller coaster is good at saharah starts inside - goes out of building down into side walk loops back into side walk, then does it all again in reverse!
    The observation deck in the stratosphere is good, even if you dont do the rides on the top.

the above are a mere fraction of the things to do, i've been 3 times in the last 3 years.
    If you want to DM me i can give you more specific info.

Lee

10. Thanks to Lee_K_81 from:

cookie_monster (20th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beeswax View Post
    The fountains outside the Bellagio are quite something in the evenings. If you're taking children you can always take them to M 'n' M World. It's a while since I was last there and things change so quickly in Vegas. A stroll around the Venetian, or any hotel on the strip, is a cheap way to pass the time.
    I found the Grand Canyon literally too big to take in, the scale is unbelievable. I've never been to a place quite so beautiful as Yosemite and I'm extremely jealous of you, especially as (I assume) you'll be experiencing it for the first time. If you're staying in the valley take the time to go out at nightfall to check out the night sky. The number of stars in the sky is simply awe inspiring. If you're a keen photographer there's also the Ansel Adams Gallery to take the wind out of your sails. You'll have a great time. On the whole, the Americans are an extremely friendly and helpful people.

I'm actualy going with friends, i've been to the grand canyon and yosemite before but the others haven't.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_K_81 View Post
    Where you stopping in Vegas?

Free attractions /not too expensive attractions in vegas include:

Bellagio fountains - free
    the glass chandaler / garden area at bellagio
    The gondolars at the venetian follow the canal round. It's indoors but looks like it's outdoors.
    Madame Tussauds at the venetian - if you get the mono-rail check the flyers voucher books lying around can usually get a discount.
    Forum shops at Caesars Palace
    Lion Habitat at MGM - free
    Shark aquarium at Mandalay bay
    Volcano at mirage
    Pirate show at TI
    New york new york is always good for a walk round, roller coaster is pretty good too.
    Speed roller coaster is good at saharah starts inside - goes out of building down into side walk loops back into side walk, then does it all again in reverse!
    The observation deck in the stratosphere is good, even if you dont do the rides on the top.

the above are a mere fraction of the things to do, i've been 3 times in the last 3 years.
    If you want to DM me i can give you more specific info.

Lee

I loved the observation deck at the stratosphere inc the rides at the top. Should be doing a parachute jump as well

Thank Post
    If you have a chance I would recommend you go rafting on Tara. More information about the white water rafting, hiking and trekking can be found at:
    Tara River Rafting at Tara Canyon

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread