+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, HP PoE Thin Client with integrated 18.5" Moniter in Technical; Are Samsung's Thin & Zero Client 'Cloud Displays' any good? www.samsung.com/uk/business/business-products/cloud-display The specs of the AMD-based thin clients ( TC191W ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,973 Posts
    Are Samsung's Thin & Zero Client 'Cloud Displays' any good?

www.samsung.com/uk/business/business-products/cloud-display

The specs of the AMD-based thin clients (TC191W/TC241W) look good, although you can't power them via PoE.
    Last edited by Arthur; 13th February 2013 at 12:27 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jtotheb View Post
    Has anyone played with these in real life? They look the absolute business, but I wondered if they were too good to be true.
    I have one sitting next to me at the moment connected to our RM CC4Anywhere server and it is running fine via POE. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try and answer them for you.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HilcrRWise View Post
    I have one sitting next to me at the moment connected to our RM CC4Anywhere server and it is running fine via POE. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try and answer them for you.
    I just wondered how they performed? Any obvious gotchas, limitations, good or bad points? I'm looking at them for space and power saving and would almost certainly be running them PoE.

Thank Post
    I just wondered how they performed? Any obvious gotchas, limitations, good or bad points? I'm looking at them for space and power saving and would almost certainly be running them PoE.
    I have only had it a day or two but so far performance is not bad, videos played through the connected desktop play fine, I have had a few network drop outs but expect that to be more my network infrastructure than the unit itself (which is pretty old and I have currently got it connected to the same POE switch as my wireless access points). The HP Profile editor I use to configure the client can be pretty hard to understand as not all options are described and documentation is very limited. The POE option is a god send and so far I have had no power interuptions while using it so seems very stable (how this will be affected when you have multiple units running off one switch I cannot say at this time). The + and - buttons on the front of the screen currently control the brightness level and I haven't found a way to change it to control the volume yet. Internal speakers aren't very loud but that is to be expected with internal monitor speakers. I am still testing so will let you know if anything major crops up.

5. Thanks to HilcrRWise from:

Chris_ (13th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Hi fellows,
    I know this thread is like more than a year old, but I thought I give it a refresh as I’m considering purchasing thin client for our network and the HP T410 sounds like the ideal candidate. We have a couple of Terminal Servers with different printers/software installed on them, will this HP T410 thin client allow us to choose to which TS we want to connect to? Will it also remember the selected connection for future bootings? Any advice you guys can give me will be much appreciated
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    circa $429 in the states which is £429here.
    I'll fix that for you

It looks like these are going to use the maximum power that PoE can supply. One thing to bear in mind is that, depending on the switch, even if you have 48 ports per switch you will probably not be able to run 48 of these devices from it.

Fantastic way of keeping wiring and installation costs to a minimum on a new ICT suite though!

8. Thanks to AButters from:

maestromasada (15th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maestromasada View Post
    Hi fellows,
    I know this thread is like more than a year old, but I thought I give it a refresh as I’m considering purchasing thin client for our network and the HP T410 sounds like the ideal candidate. We have a couple of Terminal Servers with different printers/software installed on them, will this HP T410 thin client allow us to choose to which TS we want to connect to? Will it also remember the selected connection for future bootings? Any advice you guys can give me will be much appreciated
    Thanks
    We have a batch of 10 of these that have been happily running for over a year with no issues. They take their settings from a central server (Profile Editor), you can either set them up with no specific TS but you will need to manually enter the details each time or you can have multiple profiles linked to the machines specific MAC address which you can then configure so each machine points to a different server. Out of interest where are you looking to purchase these as I thought they were now discontinued with no direct replacement available yet.

10. Thanks to HilcrRWise from:

Thank Post
    Thank you for the info, it is brilliant. I'm thinking of buying about 20, they are still advertised on Misco but wanted to find out if we can connect halft to one RDP server and the other half to another, you guys just answered my question.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maestromasada View Post
    Thank you for the info, it is brilliant. I'm thinking of buying about 20, they are still advertised on Misco but wanted to find out if we can connect halft to one RDP server and the other half to another, you guys just answered my question.
    Yes you can although what you might want to consider is actually getting something like the Kemp Virtual Load balancer in front of the two and incase one goes down users can still connect.

This would then be more scalable for extra rooms etc.

13. Thanks to glennda from:

Thank Post
    Has anyone played with these in real life? They look the absolute business, but I wondered if they were too good to be true.
    Thought I would share my experience with them.

We have 60 in total (Post-16 communal area, main computer classroom, library and 4 in the staff room). They look great, quiet and work rather well. As long as they are all configured to work with the virtual set up you have (in our case Citrix Desktop) you will be fine.

HP Profile Manager can be used to configure them automatically over PoE so settings/branding etc can be changed on server and pushed out. The only problem we have had is USB stick support (they wont accept anything over 1GB if you are only using PoE) but hoping to move away from students/staff relying on usb sticks.

So yeah...very cool piece of kit

15. Thanks to william_tropico from:

maestromasada (1st June 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12