+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Best Graphics Performance in Technical; The thing is tho, I'm yet to see a single VDI/ RDS solution that comes anywhere remotely close to doing ...
    Thank Post
    The thing is tho, I'm yet to see a single VDI/RDS solution that comes anywhere remotely close to doing what even a 6 year old PC can graphics wise. When more software is now offloading tasks to the GPU this is simply unacceptable.

No matter what solution or work arounds you install you'll still end up with a subpar or cutdown end user experience and that's what really matters.
    Last edited by DrCheese; 12th May 2012 at 12:25 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    The thing is tho, I'm yet to see a single VDI/RDS solution that comes anywhere remotely close to doing what even a 6 year old PC can graphics wise. When more software is now offloading tasks to the GPU this is simply unacceptable.

No matter what solution or work arounds you install you'll still end up with a subpar or cutdown end user experience and that's what really matters.
    I wouldn't ague that a PC will probably always give better performance than a thin client, and it is unlikely anyone in the know about thin clients would (currently) argue otherwise. There are applications where PCs are the most appropriate product...

....but in many cases full screen HD is not required, and in these situations, the inarguable benefits of thin clients (no virus implications, 5watt consumption,
    5 year warranties, no backing up, no MS updates, instant booting, no local accounts/passwords etc etc) outweigh any performance concerns

.... and the performance, even under vanilla RDP, is not so bad for general purpose multi-media see this : Multi-Media on RDP Thin client - YouTube

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12