+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, mymaths.co.uk on terminals (server 2008R2) in Technical; Having an issue with mymaths.co.uk which is a very flash based website. Latest version of flash is installed on the ...
    Thank Post

mymaths.co.uk on terminals (server 2008R2)

Having an issue with mymaths.co.uk which is a very flash based website. Latest version of flash is installed on the server.

The website works fine on windows 7 clients and it works fine on the terminal server for administrators and teachers....but when i student logs in and attempts to load it on the terminal server i get a popup asking for credentials to install an IE add-on, entering the administrator credentials makes it go away but the site still doesn't load, entering any other credentials obviously doesn't work.

The add-on says it's the internet explorer add-on installer: {BDB57FF2-79B9-4205-9447-F5FE85F37312}

I've tried adding this CLSID along with the flash one to the allowed add-ons in group policy but that didn't work, any other ideas? Obviously i must have something set in group policy that's causing it but i can't think what it could be. Trying to compare the differences between students and teacher settings now but i can't find alot different.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: i should mention I've tried this on both IE8 and IE9

EDIT: IE GPs from teachers and students are pretty much identical, and the policies that apply to the machine account apply to both so that can't be it. I notice though that when i log in as a student and look at the add-on list Adobe flash objects aren't there at all, but when i log in as an admin or teacher they appear.
    Last edited by mrbios; 8th August 2011 at 08:45 AM.

Thank Post
    Ohhhhhh for god sake solved my own problem..... because all the clients around the school are 32bit windows 7 my shortcuts are all setup as such. I've been running IE with my usual shortcut without realising that it's directing to C:\Program Files\ rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\ ffs.

Silly problem really, kicking myself over that one.

Thank Post
    Oops!!!! Glad you found the problem though!

Would be interested to know how you get along regarding performance as MyMaths seems very CPU intensive with the flash and my terminal servers struggle. I've seen one user's mymaths instance use up to 1 3.16Ghz core!!!

Butuz

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread