+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Citrix ICA, HP T5325 Thin clients and the stuttering audio dilema in Technical; Hi all i have around 120 thin clients where i work and as of yet have not been anle to ...

Thank Post

Unhappy Citrix ICA, HP T5325 Thin clients and the stuttering audio dilema

Hi all

i have around 120 thin clients where i work and as of yet have not been anle to get good quality reliable sound from them

All audio (even the windows sounds) are jumpy and stuttering.

I have the latest version of the Thin Pro firmware and am accessing a Xenapp server farm via a citrix ICA client

i think it might be the remote desktop software that is an issue on the thin client becaue when i log in from a web browser i get perfect quality audio every time

any ideas anyone

Thank Post
    I would fix my piercing glance firmly at the T5325. The thin client itself is not capable of processing real time audio let alone smooth video.

Get an Axel M80f thin client on 30 day trial and that will open yoiur eyes as to how poor the performance on the HP range is.

Butuz

Thank Post
    i would love to ditch HP but with the school just having gone through a new build and got 106 thin clients i have been forced to fix them good job i am familiar with X-Terminal is all i can say.. But with a free evaluaton of a high end graphics thin client i may need to evaluate and get a price list anyway and to scrap the photography pc's any ideas on the cost of these units from Axel at all??

Thank Post
    We had a go with one of those little HPs - nice a cheap but not good for much else other than word processing.
    They may have the Citrix client on them but they are not rated for Citrix HDX (so smooth video/audio) so don't ever expect to get anythign better than what you get out of them now.
    Here we have some more powerful 10zig with Intel Atom 1.6ghz - their Linux based (so still not full on HDX) but that added processing power gives a real kick.
    All the same if you ever want to get the very best out of Citrix you need a Windows based thin client.

DT2
    Lakeville, Carleton County, New Brunswick
    Thank Post
    Some of the thin clients deployed through my last employer had to have the MTU size reduced due to "unexplained" data loss, similar audio problems were experienced.
    This was on Wyse/SunRay terminals. Give it a try.
    We had to play around with different sizes for each brand.

DT

Thank Post
    Excelent looks better now seems HP had updates the APT Repositories and fixed the issue

anyone else with this issue head to HP t5325 thin client audio issues - HP Support Forum and hopefully this will be able to help you out.

i may also have a play about with the mtu thanks for that one DT2

Z

Thank Post
    Hi Zakthetech,

The M80, which is the model most schools use, is currently at around RRP 169 ex VAT, this includes terminal, VESA mounting bracket and 5 year warranty. We do offer educational discounts. Please get in touch for details or if we can offer a trial unit.

(In the M80 you can select audio quality as either low, medium or high. Depending on the setting chosen, the terminal will negotiate connecting to a different codec on the server - the lower the quality the less data needed, so lower load on the server and network).

@ JamesFed, ...For Citrix users the M80 does support HDX and is not based on a Windows or Linux platform, we'd be delighted to send you one for comparison testing, is it the Clientron product you are currently using ?
    Clientron Corp. - embedded system provider ?

Thank Post
    I have had a similar experience with some IGel TC's we had.

When looking at setting up our new Xenapp 6 environment, and moving away from MF XPe.

In the end what worked for us was to remove the HDX from the server, and make sure our TC's were bang upto date on firmware. The latest firmware which did update the citrix receiver which is embedded seemd to solve it.
    and by removing HDX we are essentially forcing all rendering to be done on the server not the TC. We are getting perfect streaming for sound and video, and can quite happily stream a 1080p video trailer with sound from youtube to a TC.

However in the whole process of gettign to this stage i found just how finicky TC's are with some things.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    Hi Zakthetech,

The M80, which is the model most schools use, is currently at around RRP 169 ex VAT, this includes terminal, VESA mounting bracket and 5 year warranty. We do offer educational discounts. Please get in touch for details or if we can offer a trial unit.

(In the M80 you can select audio quality as either low, medium or high. Depending on the setting chosen, the terminal will negotiate connecting to a different codec on the server - the lower the quality the less data needed, so lower load on the server and network).

@ JamesFed, ...For Citrix users the M80 does support HDX and is not based on a Windows or Linux platform, we'd be delighted to send you one for comparison testing, is it the Clientron product you are currently using ?
    We aren't affiliated with Axel and can give you an honest review - and honestly, they are great, better price point than the HP and Wyse equivalents and we get nothing but praise back from their users.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    Sorry nope all 10zigs here and although many thanks for the offer I doubt I'll ever see us use another brand of thin client

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread