+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Any Suggestion for software?????... in Technical; hi guys, is there a software for multi-pointing (simultaneous) for 2 mice & multi-focus for 2 keyboard in one PC?...I'm ...

Thank Post

Any Suggestion for software?????...

hi guys,

is there a software for multi-pointing (simultaneous) for 2 mice & multi-focus for 2 keyboard in one PC?...I'm using an extended monitor...

Thanks Guys....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drinalds View Post
    is there a software for multi-pointing (simultaneous) for 2 mice & multi-focus for 2 keyboard in one PC?
    You can use Windows Multipoint Server to connect several different sets of monitors/keyboard/mice to one computer. Microsoft also provide the Windows Multipoint Mouse SDK:

Windows MultiPoint Mouse Software Development Kit

I'm not sure if that handles multiple keyboards, though.

I understand you can configure multiple keyboards and mice in some Linux distributions - I think Debian urrently lets you do this (not sure about Ubuntu - they've just changed around their default window manager, s that might have changed).

Depending on what, exactly, you're trying to do, one solution might be to simply install a VNC server on a central machine and let multiple clients connect. You can hide the mouse cursor on the server by simply setting it to a completly transparent icon, making for less confusion at the user's end. Each user sees their own mouse cursor and has their own keyboard locally - how, exactly, they go about deciding who's controlling the current input ficus is something you'll just have to figure out in practice. I imagine this might work well on a shared front-of-classroom display with pupils connecting from laptops - it's easy enough to set up, it might be worth a try.

Thank Post
    You can attached 2 keyboards and 2 mice onto one Axel terminal, and all 4 devices would work concurrently. Obviously it would be a hardware solution, and the thin client could have to connect to "something", either a terminal server or another standalone PC...

Maybe not ideal, but assuming you want all the kb and mice to control the same single screen I suspect your options will be somewhat limited - it is rather an unusual requirement....! You could use the above arrangement on a dual sceen setup, so both users share both monitors...

Let me know if you want to explore further !

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    Microsoft also provide the Windows Multipoint Mouse SDK: Windows MultiPoint Mouse Software Development Kit
    Just to add: there's a plugin for PowerPoint that lets, I think, 7 users all have their own mouse cursor to use. As PowerPoint will let you embed pretty much any object in a slideshow, this might be a good solution for whatever custom application you're trying to do.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread