Not sure how close it is to full RDP7 yet, but this FreeRDP which is forked from the rdesktop project looks interesting and should be easy enough to just add to the T5735 build and then just redistribute that image to all your others.
HP say this 'discontinued product, on yer bike' pretty much...
Interesting that 2x are developing RDP7 into their products! I like the 2x stuff already, and have had a quote off them a couple months back. As and when they release the product, I'll be seriously considering it.
You're both right. I was only half concentrating as someone was bending my left ear.
Right, I've been having a play and have now got one of the t5735's running WinFLP with SP3, all device drivers working an the RDP 7 client installed.
- You need to get drivers for the SMBus, network card and graphics. These are available below:
- Broadcom.com - Ethernet NIC NetLink Driver Downloads - Network card (Broadcom Netlink)
- Drivers & Downloads - SMBus (ATI SMBus)
- ATI Catalyst - Graphics (ATI Radeon X1250)
- You will most likely wish to choose a custom install, and check the 'additional driver support' option, to ensure as many drivers are available natively as possible.
- When you install the ATI drivers, do an advanced install and choose only the driver, unless you specifically need the 64Mb control centre installing too.
- Remember to delete the installer files from the thin client once you have the drivers installed (ie. c:\dell and c:\ATI). This will free up a good chunk of valuable space.
- Do a disk cleanup once all the above is done, as this will clear up around another 50Mb of space.
- You can tick the 'Compress drive to save disk space' box on the c: drive's properties to free up more space. (This freed up 110Mb of space when I did it).
- There is no need for the indexing service to be ticked on the drive, as no files will need searching on the device.
- Download the WinFLP SP3 update file from Download details: Service Pack 3 for Windows Embedded for Point of Service and Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs
- Follow the instructions part way down the page titled 'Insufficient disk space to install' here You receive error messages if there is insufficient free disk space on the system drive to install the Windows XP Service Pack 3 package
- You will likely not have sound now, so will need to install the HD Audio Codecs driver from here Realtek
- You can now get the RDP 7.0 client from Download details: Update for Windows XP (KB969084)
Duds (2nd March 2011)
Updated: The drivers are no longer at the links above, they can be found here now though:
SMBus driver: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...tem=ir-45532-1
The graphics driver: ATI Catalyst
And the network driver: Ethernet NIC NetLink Driver Downloads | Broadcom
A bit more info.
In order to get NLA working, which you'll really want to do if you have a Session Broker, you need to make some changes to the client.
1. Copy the file credssp.dll from System32 on a normal XP SP3 machine to the same place on the FLP machine (it doesn't get installed for some reason).
2. Edit the registry according to the instructions here: Description of the Credential Security Support Provider (CredSSP) in Windows XP Service Pack 3
3. Edit the registry further according to the example below:
Changing the lower part to use the right servers. Option 1 there turns on CredSSP for all servers on your domain etc...Code:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CredentialsDelegation] "AllowDefaultCredentials"=dword:00000001 "ConcatenateDefaults_AllowDefault"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CredentialsDelegation\AllowDefaultCredentials] "1"="termsrv/*.domain" "2"="termsrv/rdsfarm.domain" "3"="termsrv/rds1.domain" "4"="termsrv/rds2.domain"
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)