+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Adding Wyse clients to citrix farm in Technical; Bit of a problem, all our thin client enviroment has been set up by someone else with me only have ...
    Thank Post

Adding Wyse clients to citrix farm

Bit of a problem, all our thin client enviroment has been set up by someone else with me only have a brief overview of the systems. We have been given a wyse client on loan and been tasked with setting it up so it logs into the desktops that are already set up.

all the information I have is that there needs to be a file on an FTP somewhere, which i think is the wnos.ini but I have no idea what I need to put in that file and how I get the clients to boot up into the desktops.

Any starting points someone could share?

Thank Post
    Sounds like your running ThinOS or its a Wyse Xenith zero client. There are a couple of DHCP options you have to setup that points the client to a file server. Normally you just use the same website as the Citrix farm. You have to setup a specific file structure and add a couple of MIME types to allow .ini files to be downloaded. Then you create a wnos.ini file (wyse have some examples on their website) that points the device to the correct farm and it should just work .

The wyse xenith guide (can get it here CTX125881 - Wyse Xenith Administrators Guide - Citrix Knowledge Center) has some info in the chapter "A Central Configuration: Automating Updates and Configurations". Should be the same info for both a Xenith and a ThinOS client.

Thank Post
    ...are you committed to Wyse terminals....?

Could you consider an alternative if given sufficient reason...!

Thank Post
    Been looking through the PDF, thanks. Still none the wiser, its a C10LE ThinOS client. That documentation is talking about a DHCP server... but the dhcp server has already been set up for some iGel clients so I know thats okay. But I dont know how to get the clients to boot up to a desktop login which is on the XenApp servers

Thank Post
    how does one get the wyse clients to log into the citrix web interface at boot?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    ...are you committed to Wyse terminals....?

Could you consider an alternative if given sufficient reason...!
    What are the equivalent model to the C10LE and whats the price of the model compared to the wyse.

Thank Post
    Hi Alexpilot,

Thanks for responding, we would propose the M80, doing a bit of googling it looks like it costs around 50 less than the product you mention - should also be faster and easier to setup, draws less power and is covered by 5 yr warranty...

...and if you have any difficulties in setting up we (the manufacturer) will offer direct support

Here is what other Edugeeker's think of it..

Axel AX3000 m70 for Lesson Monitor

We can ship you a trial device - the only obligation being you are happy to send it back if you don't want to keep it..
    All we need to ship the trial is an email confirming address. (no credit card details etc)

Thank Post
    As mentioned above, you need to set option 161 on your DHCP server and set it to the IP address of an FTP server. You can also set another couple of options with an ftp username and password - I use anonymous access so these aren't required.

On your ftp server you then need to create the folder structure wyse/wnos under the ftp root. Then, you place your wnos.ini file in the wnos directory and the terminals will grab it on boot. There's a wnos.ini generator available from freewysemonkeys (I think) but I found it makes quite a big file. It can be useful to use this to get the syntax though then just cut and paste the lines you need.

I have a config which presents users with a published desktop login screen a few seconds after boot. I can dig out the bare bones of the ini file if you want.

Chad

Thank Post
    @AlexPilot, good post from @chad above and there is also a video that explains how .ini files work with the Wyse ThinOS at YouTube - Wyse Thin OS Network Configuration If you need more help feel free to get in touch.

I work for Wyse and am pretty disappointed that Axel's response is throw your existing hardware away and buy new units. Your predecessor has left you very capable thin clients (C10LE is a current model and runs the latest Citrix HDX and RDP 7 clients) and I'm sure your budget could be better used on something else.

David

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidAngwin View Post
    I work for Wyse and am pretty disappointed that Axel's response is throw your existing hardware away and buy new units. Your predecessor has left you very capable thin clients (C10LE is a current model and runs the latest Citrix HDX and RDP 7 clients) and I'm sure your budget could be better used on something else.
    It may be useful for you to re-read the OP:

We have been given a wyse client on loan
    Axel are not suggesting replacing the entire infrastructure, just offering an option for the one on loan (which I would assume is a trial for a deployment). Their current machines would appear to be iGel:

dhcp server has already been set up for some iGel clients

Thank Post
    My mistake, apologies to Axel, I read there were existing clients.

David

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexPilot View Post
    how does one get the wyse clients to log into the citrix web interface at boot?
    Did you find a solution to this ? - I appreciate Wyse and Axel are very different in internal architecture, but the Citrix side should be similar - I just posted a video showing how this is setup - maybe you can glean something from this to sort out your problem....

New PNAgent upgrade for Axel terninals

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread