+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, XenDesktop and Printing in Technical; Calling all Citrix fans We have a Xendesktop farm issuing desktops to the pupils in the school. We are now ...
    ASJ
    Thank Post

XenDesktop and Printing

Calling all Citrix fans

We have a Xendesktop farm issuing desktops to the pupils in the school. We are now in the process of giving terminals to some of the offices and I have a problem.

Some of the important people have local printers and they need to keep these with the terminals. This in itself is not a problem. BUT, the local printers are not being shown within the desktop session.

I have done a considerable amount of testing with this and found that the printer is shown and is available to the user if I put the image used in private mode. If the image is in Cached mode on the server, then the printer is not shown or available to use within the session. The printers are USB and the thin client devices do show the printer plugged into the terminals.

I have the approriate policies set in the presentation server to allow local printers and I am certain that there are no group policies involved. Drivers are all installed onto the golden image as well.

Can anyone help?

Thank Post
    we found that we had issues meaning with image in private mode , had to log on as administrator set printers up (print test page) then put image in cached mode and it worked. never found out why. also which terminals are you using ??

ASJ
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imiddleton25 View Post
    we found that we had issues meaning with image in private mode , had to log on as administrator set printers up (print test page) then put image in cached mode and it worked. never found out why. also which terminals are you using ??
    Hmm I have tried that. When my test image is in private mode and I am logged in as me, an Administrator, the printer is there as well as network printers set up through Presentation server. As soon as I set the image to Standard Mode Cached on the server, and logged in as me then not only does the local printer disappear but also the "one note" printer, the networked printer are still there.

We are using Chip PC Xtreme thin clients as well as Wyse C10LE devices. Not tested with the Wyse jobs yet.

Thanks a lot.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread