+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Xenserver 5.6 and Network Bonding in Technical; Thanks for reading... I've read the other posts and the instructions do not seem to apply. Here's what I have: ...

Thank Post

Xenserver 5.6 and Network Bonding

Thanks for reading...

I've read the other posts and the instructions do not seem to apply. Here's what I have:

Generic Server with 2 on-board gig network adapters. I've added the Intel PCI Express 4-port NIC as well. So now I have 6 network adapters. I installed a fresh copy of Xenserver 5.6 (the free edition). It seems all 6 network cards. It allowed me to bond each pair of the 4-port Network card (0+1, and 2+3). The on board NICs are 4 & 5. I plan to use #4 as the Admin & LAN traffic card and 5 is intended for external traffic (for the firewalls).

I want to use one of the bonded card sets (Bond0) to point to one ISCSI storage array (10.0.10.0 subnet) and the other bonded card set (Bond1) to point to a separate ISCSI Storage Array (10.0.11.0 subnet). So the bonding occurred just fine but I can't give either of the bonds an IP address. It only allows me to give the management card an IP address. I tried creating an "External" connection using one of the bonds but it still does not allow me to assign an IP address.

So therefore, the ISCSI is not working. I'm able to use the management interface just fine so I know that its IP address is working ok. I'm not worried about having an IP address on the external connector (#5) because that's just for the firewalls.

I saw in another posting about right-clicking to "Manage" but I don't get "Manage" as an option, I get "Properties" but that does not allow me to assign an IP address.

HELP! Thanks!

Thank Post
    At the bottom of the screen you will see "management interfaces" with a button to configure, press 'new interface' in the bottom left, add a second management interface using the network that relates to the bonded NICs.

Thank Post
    we do it slightly different i have vlans and dhcp scopes so patch the physical cable to correct vlan and it gets ipaddress that i want that way

Thank Post
    Keeping traffic such as iscsi separate from the other data by using dedicated interfaces is definitely the way to go.

If you have other traffic that doesn't need dedicated NICs and is isolated into VLAN for network management reasons you can configure the bonded interface to support this.
    Select 'add network' after creating the bonded interface, select 'external network', and create a new virtual 'external network' specify the VLAN number that it should use, and that will allow the bonded interface to support that VLAN.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread