+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, NComputing and their 'low priced' thin clients. in Technical; i jus checked out n computing's model for distribution and their prices for thin clients are almost half of that ...

Thank Post

NComputing and their 'low priced' thin clients.

i jus checked out n computing's model for distribution and their prices for thin clients are almost half of that of other suppliers such as hp, wyse (could not find prices for axel) but what is the catch here am i missing something why so cheap.

hang on wait a minute that raises questions about the quality and the services they may provide along with their 'low priced' products.

Anyone got any suggestions or insights that we can all benefit from?

Thanks for the response appreciated.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What nComputing product was you looking at? As far as I was aware they didn't do a traditional thin client solution. Their products are based around the 'multiseat computing' model and require either their own vSpace software or Windows Multipoint Server to run.

Not got a quote in front of me but I think I paid somewhere in the region of 140ish for the last lot of Axel's and will stand by them as the single best traditional thin clients I've ever used.

Thank Post
    We've been playing around with 10zig thin clients for some time - the current quote is around 195 per thin client which Citrix HDX compatiblity.
    The price for HP/Wyse (other big names) clients are tones more but when you look at the smaller guys 10zig/Axel you can get clients for alot less because they specalise in that field.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Enless the software has changed since last year (at bett i think) ncomputing exploited a registry hack in windows xp to enable more then one RDP session at a time to the machine - so they had ultra small rdp machines which you simply connected a monitor mouse and keyboard to.

It might be different know but i don't know (see here N-Computing: Anyone using?)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We have a fair few axels here and they were a lot cheaper then hp/wyse and had free management software and have had no issues with them. I believe we also got the vesa mount kit included at the time for free I *think* which others were charging for.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,406 Posts
    The NComputing licensing model has improved somewhat now that they are partnering with MS more.

As has been said they are nto a thin client like the others, the X and U series are said to be suported with windows multipoint server and the L series also but you still need to install the vspace software to make the L series visible to the multipoint server, having said that I have been unable to test this with multipoint server 2011 as it appears that the 64 bit version of vspace does not install on mps2011.

I also have an axel terminal in use with multipoint server 2011 and that works a treat.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread