+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Thin Client / VDI schools in East or West Midlands in Technical; Originally Posted by andrew-virtusolve SO much miss-selling in the VDI space, mainly to people who don't quite understand the differences ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew-virtusolve View Post
    SO much miss-selling in the VDI space, mainly to people who don't quite understand the differences between VDI, thin client or who haven't seen how rich thin client delivery has become in 2008R2.
    There are so many levels on which one can respond to this. Here are just a few:-

1. There is distinction between typographical errors (typos to you) and spelling/grammatical errors.
    2. Is there a proven causal link between spelling and technology understanding? I've searched and cannot find one.
    3. What relevance has spelling got to this context? The dynamic nature of language is such that spelling is transient over time. The primary purpose of the forum is to convey knowledge and opinion through shared understanding. Excluding or deriding someone because of their differing spell capabilities does not further that objective. The spelling mistakes are close enough to the presently accepted versions be understood and therefore still convey meaning.
    4. Having looked back at your posts my only comment is "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
    There are so many levels on which one can respond to this. Here are just a few:-

1. There is distinction between typographical errors (typos to you) and spelling/grammatical errors.
    2. Is there a proven causal link between spelling and technology understanding? I've searched and cannot find one.
    3. What relevance has spelling got to this context? The dynamic nature of language is such that spelling is transient over time. The primary purpose of the forum is to convey knowledge and opinion through shared understanding. Excluding or deriding someone because of their differing spell capabilities does not further that objective. The spelling mistakes are close enough to the presently accepted versions be understood and therefore still convey meaning.
    4. Having looked back at your posts my only comment is "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
    ?????????? What has this got to do with the comment on miss-selling

or am I missing something ?

3. Thanks to linescanner from:

andrew-virtusolve (7th November 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by linescanner View Post
    ?????????? What has this got to do with the comment on miss-selling

or am I missing something ?
    OK.

1. Is suggesting the spelling errors in the posts are typos rather than spelling mistakes
    2. The author was suggesting a connection between spelling and understanding
    3. The thread is not about spelling and grammar rather sharing of knowledge and understanding
    4. A cheap dig at Andrew-Virtusolve (my apologies)

Hope this clears things up.

Thank Post
    Both cheap and expensive digs are welcome, was simply making the comment that from experience most folk who come requesting VDI end up with Terminal Services.

Dave - if you read the comment I made about Miss-Selling, not miss-spelling or have I got the wrong end of the stick too??
    Last edited by andrew-virtusolve; 7th November 2011 at 07:41 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Bravo!
    You have my most abject apologies. Age and failing eye sight have lead me down the wrong path again. Thank you for explicitly pointing this out. This is an interesting sociological/psychological point. I read the post 4 times the first time must have stuck as with each successive read I continued to miss the actual point, even now my mind is telling me it says spelling.

I'm a little annoyed (you get like this at my age - everything and everybody is annoying) that no one actually explicitly said "it's selling not spelling you senile blind old git"

A again Mr Virtusolve (for this is how I feel I should now address you) I offer you my apologies.

Dave (senile, blind, old git) O

PS

As you quite rightly point out, certainly in our case all of our thin clients now run Terminal services.

And please no more mention of the stick
    Last edited by Dave_O; 7th November 2011 at 08:48 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
    Bravo!
    You have my most abject apologies. Age and failing eye sight have lead me down the wrong path again. Thank you for explicitly pointing this out. This is an interesting sociological/psychological point. I read the post 4 times the first time must have stuck as with each successive read I continued to miss the actual point, even now my mind is telling me it says spelling.

I'm a little annoyed (you get like this at my age - everything and everybody is annoying) that no one actually explicitly said "it's selling not spelling you senile blind old git"

A again Mr Virtusolve (for this is how I feel I should now address you) I offer you my apologies.

Dave (senile, blind, old git) O
    No probs, I did wonder which tripwire I hit there for a while!
    Not the first time I've been on the end of a rant, usually its more deserved though ;-)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'll bookmark this thread for future reference just in case someone does throw in the spelling grenade. I always wondered, when I was younger, why old people were so grumpy and argumentative. Truly I don't know how I got here it just happened!

Back to the original purpose of the thread. My offer still stands to the original poster and if you want to visit South Yorkshire and see what we have (so to speak) you are more than welcome
    Last edited by Dave_O; 7th November 2011 at 09:00 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Apparently I was a victim of "Peceptual set" (note victim - implying no control - not my fault)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12