+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, VirtualBox in Technical; A free open-source virtualisation engine, looks quite good. InnoTek VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

VirtualBox

A free open-source virtualisation engine, looks quite good.

InnoTek VirtualBox is a family of powerful x86 virtualization products for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). See "About VirtualBox" for an introduction; see "InnoTek" for more about our company.

Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows and Linux 32-bit hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.

VirtualBox is being actively developed with frequent releases and has an ever growing list of features, supported guest operating systems and platforms it runs on. VirtualBox is a community effort backed by a dedicated company: everyone is encouraged to contribute while InnoTek ensures the product always meets professional quality criteria.
    http://www.virtualbox.org/

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,415 Posts

Re: VirtualBox

Looks interesting would be nice to have a complete iso cd install image to produce a virtual server platform.

Ben

Thank Post

Re: VirtualBox

Gave this a try and mentioned it elsewhere on the forum a week or two ago - it's very nippy, but I'm finding the networking aspects of it very flakey under Windows with the TAP adapter!

Thank Post
    It kills my NC10 when adding a new adaptor to the host. Bluescreens it. But other than that it's been ok.

t_h
    Thank Post
    Wow no wonder the original post was confusing - 2007!

I was a long time user of VMWare but since trying VirtualBox I've not gone back.

Thank Post
    I've been using it for XP boxes and MS server OS's for a while now - but want to use ubuntu within it, and having issues, VirtualBox and Ubuntu 8.04 desktop. It's a nice program and i would never go back to using MSvirtualPC. havent got my fingers on VMware yet.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information