+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Newbie needs help with Igel thinclient in Technical; Hi, first of all hello I'm new to the forum and helping that somebody can help. I've got a Igel ...
    ape

Thank Post

Newbie needs help with Igel thinclient

Hi, first of all hello I'm new to the forum and helping that somebody can help. I've got a Igel thinclient, basicly the company I was working for made our team redundant and let us keep our desktop pc and I managed to talk them into letting me have a thinkclient to play with. I am a complete novice with thinclients so have no idea where to start and reading the pdf manuals have left me scratching my head. Could anybody point me in the right direction for help. I've installed the management software and found the thinclient but this is obviously previously registered so need to no how to de register it. It says some where on the faqs section that there is a option in settings but I'm unable to find it. Sorry if I'm a bit vague, and I've probably missed loads of information.

Thank Post
    Hi there,

Welcome to Edugeek.

I'm sorry to hear about your company

Which Igel client do you have? They vary by OS/spec and there are some difference in them.

I suspect your best bet first of all is going to be to try and factory reset the box, PM me if you want info on how to do this.

ape

Thank Post
    Thankyou kmount, and no worries about the company I'm now in a much better job so it worked out fine. It just says on the label IGEL Technology GmbH and then IGEL-1/2, I'm not sure where else to look for the model its a microsoft xp embedded one though. I'll drop you a PM as I think like you say my first step is to get it reset so that I can get it re activated through the management system.

ape

Thank Post
    I've just realised I can't send PM's on here until I've posted 5 times

Thank Post
    @ape: If you goto Thin Clients - IGEL Technology - UK & Ireland you should be able to figure out which model you have and download the firmware again. After re-installing the firmware it will be factory fresh.

ape

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    @ape: If you goto Thin Clients - IGEL Technology - UK & Ireland you should be able to figure out which model you have and download the firmware again. After re-installing the firmware it will be factory fresh.

Hi thanks, just downloading the firmware (hopefully the correct version lol), can I just put it on a usb stick and plug into the igel and run it directly from there?

Thank Post
    No, I don't think you'll have any success with that method.

You should be (depending upon settings) able to press the escape key repeatedly during boot up to access a boot menu which *might* allow you to factory reset or 'snapshot' download.

I will go set up the XP Embedded flash on a unit I have here to see if I can help.

ape

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    No, I don't think you'll have any success with that method.

You should be (depending upon settings) able to press the escape key repeatedly during boot up to access a boot menu which *might* allow you to factory reset or 'snapshot' download.

I will go set up the XP Embedded flash on a unit I have here to see if I can help.
    Thankyou, I'll give that a try shortly, I mainly just want to set it up for basic web browsing, networking to the pc and things like bbc iplayer

ape

Thank Post
    Ok, have just tried escape from the boot menu and get 3 options, embedded XP, download firmware and start rescue. I've tried download firmware and it comes up with its old settings, then I've tried changing reset from false to true but gets a error when downloading it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread