+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Thin Clients in Technical; Hi all Next week my shiney new IBM servers and SANs arrive. I'll then be spending a couple of weeks ...
    Thank Post

Thin Clients

Hi all

Next week my shiney new IBM servers and SANs arrive. I'll then be spending a couple of weeks migrating the VM's from my test setup to the production setup and P2V'ing the few remaining physical servers. That brings me to Phase 2 of the project - Desktop Virtualization.

I've purchased 200 VMWare View Premier Licences, and am planning on converting some fat clients for the trial.

However, I do need 10-12 additional workstations for September, and don't want to buy any more fat clients. I've not trialed or properly researched any dedicated thin clients, and was wondering what others were using.

I'm more than happy to have a mix of RDP and PCOIP thin clients, as I'd like to see which tech best fits certain areas of the school.

I'd also be interested to know what others are using to manage their thin client's configuration. I'm quite used to not leaving my office, so central configuration/management is quite desirable.........

Many Thanks for any advise.

2. Thanks to Shaun_Dark_Lord from:

Axel (22nd July 2010)

Thank Post
    Hi Shaun,

We'd be delighted to loan you a Viewer terminal, below you can see what other Edugeek members have written about our products....

Axel AX3000 m70 for Lesson Monitor
    Tidy Thin Client Installation

Drop we a PM if we can send you an evaluation terminal or answer any questions...

Matthew@axel.com

Thank Post
    We use a mix of Axel, Samsung SM711NTs running thinstation (CE5 was on them but had no end of trouble) and some old PCs running thinstation. I haven't used the central config for the Axels yet as they took so little time to setup anyway! If we have any further requirements for Thin Clients I will be using old PCs running Thinstation or (preferably) Axel.

I highly recommend taking up Matthews offer of an evaluation, you won't be pressured at all to buy or return in 14 days!

I don't work for Axel, just a happy customer. I am however more than happy to receive any more ex demo clients they may have

5. Thanks to joe90bass from:

Axel (22nd July 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    As always, a +1 for Axel tried HP TC's and Thinstation but nothing comes close to how easy the Axels are for setup.

7. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

Axel (22nd July 2010)

Thank Post
    Hi Shaun,

If you are looking for a VMware View 4 certified device, then the 10ZiG offering will be worth a look. They have 5 devices that are certified by VMware for View 4 and PCoIP. They even have a Zero client which uses the Teradici chip for the best available CAD and multi screen graphical performance of View 4 available.

Here's a webinar that 10ZiG and Teradici have done on understanding PCoIP:

http://www.10zig.com/understandingPCoIP.php

All of the View 4 certified devices that they offer give fantastic multimedia and flash performance, I saw one last week and I couldn't believe it was an actual Thin Client that was giving such a good performance.

Let me know if you would like any more information or a free 30 day evaluation of any of these.

Thanks

Thank Post
    There is always IGEL. I will be testing the UD3 421 LX with PCoIP on our VM network over the summer.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the offers for demo units. I'd like to try both the Axel and 10Zig just as soon as I have everything up and running. That should hopefully be the mid August as I've finally got install dates from my Sparkies and Air Con guys

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread