+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Adding network drivers onto 2X client? in Technical; Hello, We have just received 60 HP t5745 thin clients for installation over the summer into two new classrooms. We ...
    Thank Post

Adding network drivers onto 2X client?

Hello,

We have just received 60 HP t5745 thin clients for installation over the summer into two new classrooms.

We currently use 2X as our means of connecting thin clients to our windows terminal servers.

However, we have found that 2X does not have the needed drivers for these thin clients. They use a Broadcom 57x NetXtreme card.

I am hoping/dreaming that someone out there has experience of adding drivers to 2X's base client image!?

Kind regards,
    John.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    We currently use 2X as our means of connecting thin clients to our windows terminal servers.
    I'm just planning to have a look at that myself - any idea if I can use RDP and 2X clients simultaniously?

I am hoping/dreaming that someone out there has experience of adding drivers to 2X's base client image!?
    Have you double-checked 2X don't have an OS image ready - they seemed to have quite a list of images for specific devices when I checked the other day. You could always ask 2X, of course - you are paying for the product, it's not unreasonable to expect them to sort out drivers. If I understand correctly, then the 2X OS is simply a small Linux distribution with their own bits and pieces added on - can you un-gzip the initrd.gz file, add your drivers to the appropriate /lib/modules/versionNumber/... folder, make sure the driver is listed in lib/modules/versionNumber/modules.dep and re-gzip initrd.gz?

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    I would have thought it unreasonable either, but apparently the thin client isn't on their HCL. The network card is though, so it seems as ridiculous position to take. The last suggestion I had from them was to post them a thin client to them.

I wonder if the linux HP tools that come with the thin clients might actually be a better bet...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    I would have thought it unreasonable either, but apparently the thin client isn't on their HCL. The network card is though, so it seems as ridiculous position to take.
    Any luck with un-gziping initrd.gz and adding the network card driver? I'm trying to install what is going to be our 2X test ssystem at the moment - Windows Server 2008 R2 doesn't seem to want to install on a Dell T105, so I don't have a working Windows server yet.

--
    David Hicks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread