Know issues with vSphere 4 Update 2 and VMware View 4 PCoIP connections.
If you use PCoIP don't upgrade to update 2. More details found here.
vSphere 4.1 released now.
4.1 esx release notes
Whats new highlights:
* Storage IO control through shares
* Windows Failover Cluster support in HA
* Multiple VDR appliances
* Virtual Machine serial port redirection over network
* USB passthrough (and works with vmotion)
* Hyper-v VM import
* Memory compression
* AD integration for ESX hosts
* Multiple vcpus per socket.
* vCenter is now 64bit only.
Last edited by Theblacksheep; 28th July 2010 at 06:07 PM.
Just virtualizing everything 4.0 u2
The fact that vCenter will only be installable on a 64bit OS in has been circulating or some time along with them dropping ESX completely in the next version in favor of ESXi which is more o a pain.
HP server - NMI driver required (or workaround implemented) for ESX/ESXi 4.1
HP NMI driver download
Oh and vCentre 4.1 isnt compatible with VMware Composer, so automatic provisioning of VMs wont work until View 4.5 is released.
Last edited by Theblacksheep; 27th July 2010 at 10:23 PM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)