+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Citrix XenClient Download in Technical; ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Citrix XenClient Download

I think was mentioned last year but i dont think it was available at that point, nothing else i can see on the e'geek so here, Citrix XenClient

Info: Citrix Systems

Download: Citrix Systems

Video: Citrix Systems

Citrix® XenClient™ enables virtual desktops to go. Desktop virtualization is rapidly being adopted as the best way to deliver Windows® desktops to business users. Now, organizations can extend the benefits of desktop virtualization to mobile users, for new levels of portability and security. With XenClient, laptop users can take multiple virtual desktops with them and work from anywhere, anytime.

NOTE: I believe your CPU must have the following technology

Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) enhances PC manageability with hardware-based capabilities that let administrators better discover, heal, and secure their networked computing assets. Intel AMT enables dramatic cost and energy savings through out-of-band management, remote troubleshooting, asset tracking, power on/off, and more. Intel Virtualization Technology (VT), included in Intel vPro technology, is a key underpinning of the Xen approach—the same mature Xen approach
    that is used in the Citrix® XenServer™ server virtualization platform. Two distinct Intel vPro technologies play important roles:

• Intel VT-x provides CPU virtualization support and is required by Xen to run VMs running the Windows® operating system.
    • Intel VT-d (Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O) allows for direct and secure assignment of devices to VMs, reducing overhead and increasing the overall reliability of the platform.

To enhance security, Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) lets the hardware verify the integrity of the hypervisor and its support components on every boot so that the hypervisor becomes part of the trusted computer base. Intel TXT forges a chain of trust from the hardware up to the virtualization layer, helping to ensure that the hypervisor has not been Comprimised.

Have Fun!

James.

Thank Post
    XenClient Express is finally here!

I got it running pretty well on a Dell E5400.

BoX

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    oops! didn't realise you had posted that up as i did search but nice one on getting it up and running

Note: I Searched for Xen Client as appose to your thread title "XenClient"

James.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread