+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Thinstation question about network cont in Technical; I hope someone can help, I know there are lots of Thinstation fans out there..!! I can't get it to ...

Thank Post

Thinstation question about network cont

I hope someone can help, I know there are lots of Thinstation fans out there..!!

I can't get it to boot.

I am running the TSOMATIC script, and entering what I think are sensible values, but when I
    try to boot from CDrom I get and error message "DHCP error - wrong network module installed"

The PC has a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit controller - and that exact product is listed and selected in the network menu...

I was hoping to be able to boot the PC direct into an Rdesktop connection, using a hardcoded server IP address and DHCP enabled - am I being realistic ? (the Thinstation website gives information overload, and I can't understand from it if this is feasible or if I have to set up a TFTP server to send IP config on every boot...)

Does anyone have a minimum config file for Thinstation they could provide, the template they provide is massive and gives no indication which are mandatory parameters and which are optional. I am running out of blank CDs trying to find the right settings !!!

(Does anyone have an "Idiots Guide" to setting this up....?)

Many Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Code:
    "DHCP error - wrong network module installed"
    sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but you don't have the correct driver for your network card.
    rebuild the image making sure you include the driver in the build.conf (or however you do that in tsomatic) then enable the module in the network.conf. The module must be included before it's enabled.
    hope that helps

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    Code:
    "DHCP error - wrong network module installed"
    sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but you don't have the correct driver for your network card.
    rebuild the image making sure you include the driver in the build.conf (or however you do that in tsomatic) then enable the module in the network.conf. The module must be included before it's enabled.
    hope that helps
    ....I am assuming putting a tick in the box against the correct driver is all I need to do.... an ISO is created which I burn to CD....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    if you are lucky, then yes. If not then check the chipset, drivers and rebuild manually replacing the driver
    Broadcom.com - Ethernet NIC Driver Downloads

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread