+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, comments and suggestions needed in Technical; Hi All, i am virtualising my network and just wanted to share with you all my intended set up, i ...
    Thank Post

comments and suggestions needed

Hi All,

i am virtualising my network and just wanted to share with you all my intended set up, i would like comments and suggestions on this...

we are a call centre and our Agents just take calls so thin clients are good for them, our Admin staff for now will remain on Desktops (HP DX2400)

i have 14 servers which i will be moving to a virtual enviroment, the servers are Domain controllers, exchange servers, TAPI server and call scripting software servers, SQL Servers etc, these will also be moved in to the virtual enviroment.

i plan to use some of our HP G5 DL360's as XenServers (4 of them), and have 2/3 servers with 6 x 300GB drives in, 4 on raid 5 for VDI storage and 2 on raid 1+0 for ISO storage using OPenFiler as NFS Storage, i will also be creating 6 Windows XP Machines with ThinStuff installed on for the agents to connect to with the AXEL Thinclients, i have run some tests and this should be fine for the agents.

i would like to place the admins desktops in the virtual enviroment to, some day, but dont have a big budget etc, hence openfiler etc....

are there any betters way of doing the above, and comments suggestions ...... i dont have a BIG budget, if i said i could spend peanuts then even this would not be true etc... LOL :P

what do you all think?????? go easy .... lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip1983 View Post
    ...snip
    i plan to use some of our HP G5 DL360's as XenServers (4 of them), and have 2/3 servers with 6 x 300GB drives in, 4 on raid 5 for VDI storage and 2 on raid 1+0 for ISO storage using OPenFiler as NFS Storage ...snip
    Use RAID 10 on the VDI servers as you will get better performance. And use Raid 5 on the ISO fileservers as they wont need to have fast write speeds.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread