Site Maintenance this evening The site will be offline for hosting changes. Time TBC

+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Hyper-V R2 iSCSI Connection Issue in Technical; Evening all This morning I decided to update my Hyper-V R2 RC1 box to the RTM version. The installation wasn't ...

Thank Post

Hyper-V R2 iSCSI Connection Issue

Evening all

This morning I decided to update my Hyper-V R2 RC1 box to the RTM version. The installation wasn't a problem and all seemed fairly smooth until I reached the point of getting my iSCSI link back up and running (This is where I store all the VMs).
    Using iscsicpl I have discovered the SAN and successfully connected to it, however I do not have anything come up in the listened volumes/drives section of iscsicpl. I have tried the auto configure option a few times to no avail.

We are running an HP MSA2312 SAN unit and I have checked the host setup on the web interface for the MSA and it tells me the HyperV box is discovered and mapped. Yet I still cannot bring up a SAN drive.

List of actions taken:

Checked for unmounted volumes, there are no unmounted volumes or drives etc
    Changed the name of the box and created a new Host in MSA Web Interface to make sure it wasn't that, no change.
    Rediscovered the SAN numerous times including persistent and quick connections, no change.

After checking the event viewer on HyperV I found this entry

Status 0x00001069 determining that device interface \\?\{8e7bd593-6e6c-4c52-86a6-77175494dd8e}#MsVhdHba#1&3030e83&0&01#{2accfe60-c130-11d2-b082-00a0c91efb8b} does not support iSCSI WMI interfaces. If this device is not an iSCSI HBA then this error can be ignored.
    With an Event Code of 108

I search the internet for information on this and found very little in general and none that was useful.

Have I missed a step on the setup of the link? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    For some reason another attempt at disconnecting and reconnecting to the iSCSI fixed it...... Not amused!

Thank Post
    Currently setting up our HP SAN for Hyper V.

How have you configured your SAN? Do you have a volume for each VM or are they all on one in folders?

Thank Post
    Currently I have volume for the Hyper-V parent machine on which all the VM's sit and I have assigned a volume to each VM from there as required.

Something to note, I think it is entirely possible that disabling NetBIOS over TCPIP fixed my connection issue but I haven't been able to test that.

Thank Post
    afaik its better to put each vm on a seperate LUN for live migration / HA purposes .

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread