+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Is there anything that does this.... in Technical; @mrbios The HP T5510 thin clients have a fairly slow processor and I think a maximum of 128Mb of RAM ...

Thank Post
    @mrbios

The HP T5510 thin clients have a fairly slow processor and I think a maximum of 128Mb of RAM so they won't have enough power or memory to run Windows locally - it was worth asking though

If you'd like me to connect you to someone who can help with an eval, just send me a private message with your contact details.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the response on that David, a pitty about the T5510s but they are a bit past there time now i guess, my manager applied for the evaluation today so we will give that a run through and see how things go

On top of that i'm making good head way with a setup of VMware view, so we'll get a test of that going, though we probably won't compare the costs and have tested the wyse boxes until after christmas to finish weighing up our choices

Thank Post
    We are using Citrix Provisioning Server here to push out Windows images to 7 different desktop hardware types. One of the images has about 100 PC's using it, the others are varying numbers. It's run from 4 Provisioning Servers and a NetApp filer holding the images. Easy to update, and quite quick to boot. We do not have ANY student PC's that are NOT provisioned in this way. Some cache to RAM, some to HDD depending on the RAM in that particular PC type... if it has 1Gb or more, it's cached to RAM and the hard disks are not connected (less power, less heat, less to go wrong!)

I'm currently working on an XP image for the Acer Revo's that we will be rolling out in January.

You're welcome to see it if you want to.

Thank Post
    Just some info for people interested in WSM or similar technology.

We have just deployed 70 Wyse R900Ls on WSM, the solution is very scalable and fault tolerent. We found that network latency and disk IO are the most important performance factors and to ensure excellent client performance all clients are connected at 1 Gbps into the same core switch (HP Procureve 5412) as the server which is running at 10 Gbps.

For high speed throughput and low IO latency we stored the OS images on a 256 GB PCIE SSD card

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Read these threads first before diving in

1. VMWare Virtual Desktop Infrastructure

2. My conclusions on VDI and other things

As you will see from these I have run VMWare view (premium) for just over 2 years. Draw you own conclusions.

Dave O

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information