+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Citrix Presentation Server and Published Apps in Technical; I have Citrix Presentation server 4.5 I'm added a couple of test published apps but how do I setup a ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Citrix Presentation Server and Published Apps

I have Citrix Presentation server 4.5 I'm added a couple of test published apps but how do I setup a web page to allow staff and students to login then select apps they wish to run?

Wes

Thank Post
    You need to install the Citrix Web Interface.

Firstly, if you have Subscription Advantage, upgrade to XenApp 5 (it's only an upgrade of some of the components - of of which is the Web Interface and it makes it look all sexy!).

Then, you have a couple of options. If you just want to be able to access the Web Interface inside your network just whack it onto one of the servers in your farm. IMHO this is a waste though!

The best thing to do is find a spare box/VM and do a bare Server install. Then you install Citrix Secure Gateway and Citrix Web Interface on this. A little configuration later and you have a secure (256-bit encrypted) remote access solution for your school!

See How To: Install and Configure Citrix Web Interface 4.6 and Citrix Secure Gateway on the same server (Part 1) and How To: Install and Configure Citrix Web Interface 4.6 and Citrix Secure Gateway on the same server (Part 2) for an in-depth guide on installation and configuration.

3. Thanks to Ric_ from:

wesleyw (10th November 2008)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I don't have the subscription sadly. I have a netbsd box that's running the a basic citrix login at present just want to add another page for this as well? Also do you know of any way I could make citrix use the 443 port instead so that a few schools in a different borough could access it for a demo? The council haven't allowed citrix default ports.

Wes

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    I don't have the subscription sadly. I have a netbsd box that's running the a basic citrix login at present just want to add another page for this as well? Also do you know of any way I could make citrix use the 443 port instead so that a few schools in a different borough could access it for a demo? The council haven't allowed citrix default ports.

Wes
    Secure Gateway is what you need for your 443 magic... unfortunately it isn't supported on *nix.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Why isn't that a surprise typical lol. is it possible to run the citrix gateway via an ISA server box as that already is forward facing?

Wes

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    Why isn't that a surprise typical lol. is it possible to run the citrix gateway via an ISA server box as that already is forward facing?

Wes
    What I would do is publish the Citrix Secure Gateway server via ISA because Secure Gateway sorts out the load balancing for you as well as doing encryption and stuff.

It is possible to set up ISA to publish your Citrix farm. This requires the use of secondary IP addresses and things. It can get a bit messy with larger farms and the client config isn't as straight forward. See ISA SERVER – Citrix Metaframe Access for more details.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread