+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Axel AX3000 m70 for Lesson Monitor in Technical; I think the power cable is a good lenth and it's thin so you can roll it up and cable ...
    Thank Post
    I think the power cable is a good lenth and it's thin so you can roll it up and cable tie it quite easily.

Thank Post
    We've put all of the Axles' in now so no need for shorted cables - amazing what you can do with ty-wraps

So far - all Axels' gone in with no failures at all.

Thank Post
    Well we rolled out 40 Axel units over the summer holiday and we've had no issues so far. Well I say rolled out all you do is install the control software on one station or server add a DNS entry pointing to it then turn the Axels on they download the config and that's it, ace.

Matthew from Axel was very helpful and supplied us with plenty of information on setting up the initial config exactly as we wanted it.

Thank Post
    We've deployed 20 of the M80 in a room for our PE dept to use for coursework. As has been mentioned above, there is a central management console but as it takes less than a minute to setup each one manually I didn't even give it a look. We ordered the VESA mount kits for each one, I seem to recall a locakable VESA mount as well which I would recommend to anyone else thinking of these as I have found a few off the mounts.

As also mentioned above, Matthew's support is great to, and if anyone is thinking of getting one on eval, it really is no obligation, and there seems to be no time limit as well!!

I do wish I'd found these earlier, as we also have 100 Samsung SM711NTs which have been nothing but trouble. Apart from them not supporting USB drives, when I specifically stated it as a requirement when ordering (they run CE5), we also have trouble with the image corrupting on them. Our supplier is not much help, and Samsung will only replace them on a one by one basis, and so far their fix hasn't worked... I now use them with Thinstation which fixes the issues, until the SM711NT resets itself and goes back to booting from local storage not PXE..............

All Thin Clients run from a 2008R2 farm, though we only use DNS Round Robin not load balancing

Thank Post
    Just deployed 30 of the M80F model to a Business Studies suite, so far they are fantastic. Very quiet, generate hardly any heat (which is handy in the weather we have been having!), look neat and tidy using the VESA mount and take hardly any time to set up.

Installed the remote management software on a server, setup a DNS entry, made a template setup on the loan unit we had and then it took about 20 seconds to automatically download and configure each unit on power on.

Using it to connect to a Citrix XenApp 5 farm and had no problems.

Thank Post
    A quick notice for Axel users - we have released dual monitor f/w for the M80 thin client. (So you can use your existing M80 hardware).

For further details please get in touch.

Thanks

Matthew@axel.com

Thank Post
    A quick note to all the happy Axel thin client users out there - we are looking for beta testers to test either RDP or Citrix Gateway.

This function will provide the ability for working securely from home connecting to corporate/school servers, over the internet.

The connection to the (BT) home router can be either Ethernet or wifi, depending on terminal (M80/M85).

(A firmware upgrade will be required to include Gateway support (free))

Thank Post
    Though I'd just highlight this school's video...

...and let you all know there is a (free) f/w upgrade for Axel M80 terminals to for support for W2012.

(Microsoft beefed up the security - so all thin clients will have to be upgraded to reflect these changes)

Thin clients and server 2012 - YouTube

(On his Blog is also described using a Raspberry PI as a thin-client - which is interesting ! wpsit.blogspot.co.uk )

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    Though I'd just highlight this school's video...

...and let you all know there is a (free) f/w upgrade for Axel M80 terminals to for support for W2012.

(Microsoft beefed up the security - so all thin clients will have to be upgraded to reflect these changes)

Thin clients and server 2012 - YouTube

(On his Blog is also described using a Raspberry PI as a thin-client - which is interesting ! wpsit.blogspot.co.uk )
    Nice to see more School IT Techs blogging about what they are getting up to

Thank Post
    As with others on this thread. These little devices are great and Matthew has been very helpful. Wish I could get these into more areas but the timetable is not tied down enough here.
    Matthew & Axel thanks great product

11. Thanks to ozydave from:

Axel (27th October 2012)

Thank Post
    Recently received 15 of these terminals, only one word for them: brilliant

My only previous experience of thin clients were some HP T5000 things, dreadfully slow at starting up, no compression, and generally awkward design. These Axel terminals have absolutely none of those issues, would happily buy more. The little VGA lead is a nice finishing touch as well.

13. Thanks to mrbios from:

Axel (11th July 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12