+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Thinstation boot order in Technical; I have created a thinstation.conf.buildtime file with storage_path and storage_config entries specified, and with net_file_enabled=on. The result is that at ...

Thank Post

Thinstation boot order

I have created a thinstation.conf.buildtime file with storage_path and storage_config entries specified, and with net_file_enabled=on.

The result is that at boot time clients read a local thinstation.conf.user file if present, otherwise they read the thinstation.conf.network file.

Is there a way to change the order in which thinstation.conf files are read, so that under normalcircumstances, clients read the network file first, but if this is unavailable, clients will revert to a local file on the HDD?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts

Re: Thinstation boot order

IIRC the default is the local buildtime file unless a thinstation.conf.network file is present. you can override the thinstation.conf.network by using thinstation.conf.IPADDRESS or thinstation.conf.MACADDRESS in the tftp root.
    It's been a while since I dabbled with this so unless anyone else can be more definitive I'd refer you to the thinstation mailing list

Thank Post

Re: Thinstation boot order

Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd
    IIRC the default is the local buildtime file unless a thinstation.conf.network file is present. you can override the thinstation.conf.network by using thinstation.conf.IPADDRESS or thinstation.conf.MACADDRESS in the tftp root.
    It's been a while since I dabbled with this so unless anyone else can be more definitive I'd refer you to the thinstation mailing list
    Thanks for the speedy response CyberNerd.

Tests I have caried out indicate that if the both the network and local file are present, the local file takes precedence, which appears to be the opposite of your experience. I wonder if there is a way to specify thinstation.conf file precedence?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread