+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Question about multipoint server in Technical; HI guys, this is my first time here. I fairly new to multiseat computing, i have always used Softxpand Duo ...

Thank Post

Question about multipoint server

HI guys, this is my first time here. I fairly new to multiseat computing, i have always used Softxpand Duo but now i dicided to give a try to MPS 2011, but have a couple of doubts to be resolve.

Does MPS 2011 works exacly as Softxpand,.. just connect yours divices and map mouse and keywords together with each monitor? and thats it or it needs any special adjustment.

I will be using these card for 6-7 station.

4 ATI video card with dual monitor attached to them could yield 8 VGA output theoretically , will this work or MPS will reconized one monitor per DVI input?, also whats the price of license ?
    $_3.JPG

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Technically, yes, it works the same way as SoftXpand. The computer automatically logs in with a master admin account and extend a single display accross however many monitors you have attached. MPS then "chops up" the display into individual "virtual displays" that the keyboards and mice are then mapped to. It works with your graphics drivers, so if they allow multiple monitors on one DVI (which I believe is part of the DVI standard) then it should be fine with MPS.

It usually helps if everything for one display is running off the same USB hub, including the monitor but this is not essential. The only problem I've ever really had with MPS is USB mappings and I think that's more to do with how the motherboard chipset manages the connected ports (but I've not extensively tested this).

3. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

tranza (11th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanks for you answers really clear me some points. However im still confused if i made bad purchase on these cards as i read there is not possible way to extended monitor on Y splliter DIV, but some others says is possible to do so. Also whats the price of the standar license for MPS 2011?.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread