+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Argh! Xenapp 6.5 and IE10/11! in Technical; Got our nice new Xenapp server running beautifully now, apart from when anyone on any machine with IE10 or 11 ...
    Thank Post

Angry Argh! Xenapp 6.5 and IE10/11!

Got our nice new Xenapp server running beautifully now, apart from when anyone on any machine with IE10 or 11 on it tries to run an application - then they get that infuriating message 'do you want to open or save launch.ica'

If they 'Open' it, the application runs fine. This happens on locked down work PCs, and unlocked home PCs - its just IE10/11 (and IE9 as well I believe). I've tried everything Citrix have suggested (Unchecked 'Do not save encrypted files to disk' etc, went through CTX129082 and CTX804493 ) but it makes no difference. I'm starting to think it must be something on the xenapp server itself as it affects every IE user regardless of their user account or if they're on a domain PC. Firefox works fine, OSX works fine (safari and firefox) and iOS works fine as well!

So apart from telling all users to use firefox (and then deploying it across our network) is there anything else I can try? Its working fine in most ways but this is a big nuisance for regular users.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We have the same issue if it makes you feel any better. I haven't yet looked into it though.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I know you have probably already done this but I had a similar issue before Xmas, I updated the Citrix Receiver and that fixed it for me.

Receiver for Windows 4.1 - Citrix - Windows version
    Receiver for Mac 11.8.2 - Citrix - Mac version

Thank Post
    I tried older and the latest clients but no solution. Its a shame as the older 4.5 box doesn't cause this but its on its last legs!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Add the host name for the farm as a Trusted site in IE?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Add the host name for the farm as a Trusted site in IE?
    I didn't think the the farm name was relevant to the client, as they only connect to the external facing Web interface (in our case through an Access gateway as well)

Its works perfectly in everything other than IE, so its a real annoyance

Thank Post
    You don't need a browser to connect to Citrix, Citrix's "Online Pluggin" will let you connect without a browser....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    I didn't think the the farm name was relevant to the client, as they only connect to the external facing Web interface (in our case through an Access gateway as well)

Its works perfectly in everything other than IE, so its a real annoyance
    Is the name they connect to in Trusted Sites? EG if its remote.school.la.sch.uk is that a Trusted Site? Note that is Trusted Site not Local Intranet site they work differently and in newer version of IE it creates problems if its in the wrong group. Some stuff that used to work in Trusted when it was an Intranet site no longer reliably works so is better as a Local Intranet site and the other way around.

Thank Post
    Yes the access gateway site is in trusted site (https). We also get the message in house when connecting directly to the web interface.
    I've tried most things I can think of - latest plugin, settings/policies etc. The fact it does the same on a completely unsecured home PC suggests the problem lies with the xenapp server, or there is simply a bug with the plugin on IE.

The Android/OSx/IOS and Linux versions all work fine - I can't get any of them to fail!
    Last edited by Sheridan; 16th January 2014 at 10:50 AM.

Thank Post
    It looks like the 4.1 Receiver for Windows is just buggy- we also have a services site published for Ios and Android users and that works fine (connecting to the access gateways FQDN) but the Windows receiver simply says you can't use that server.

So windows users can only use the web interface and have to put up with the Open/Save message. Shame really as I thought 6.5 would be much better than 4.5 and so far its introduced no features other than some annoyances!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread