Hi All,

I've just recently finished creating a virtual desktop pool for remote access using Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V and Remote Desktop Services. I created a thread on here during the process and recieved a lot of help from this community; mainly the extremely helpful Achandler. The thread is here: Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V and VDI.

I now have a couple more issues to clear up:

1. I would really like our remote users to be able to log on to RD Web Access once, click on the virtual desktop pool and not be asked for login credentials again (single sign on)
2. Our remote users get prompted to trust the SSL certificate when clicking on the pool (twice I think) - I would like to surpress this somehow

I suspect the 2nd problem is caused by the actual VDI machine not matching the FQDN on our GoDaddy certificate (the certificate was issued to the RD server itself). Is there a way around this? I guess there must be a solution otherwise everyone would have this problem when using VDI pools.......?

I've read mixed things for the 1st (SSO) issue. Some articles say that SSO can only be achieved internally and with the client connected to the domain. Other articles state that SSO is only possible when using RemoteApps and is impossible to implement with remote desktops published in Web Access. I haven't actually found anything on the internet to give me a definitive response. Has anyone achieved this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nick