Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, VLANs in Virtualisation in Technical; Originally Posted by SYNACK
1. sounds practical
2. Oh patronising... Look up the CPU architecture and performance metrics on network ...
30th March 2013, 07:18 PM #31
2. Yes couldn't resist that one, especially when I note you are half a world away (or at least I hope you are!)
Originally Posted by SYNACK
3. My way is the true way! You should know that from reading my other posts! Seriously though there is a lot of mis-information out there (especially from vendors) about what is needed in a school scenario. What I don't want is schools spending an inordinate amount money on a solution that is totally over spec'ed and unnecessary and not fit for purpose. Hence my constant rants about VDI
30th March 2013, 07:27 PM #32
2. Oh I am everywhere, that scratching at the windows, the creak of the floorboard, that's me
Originally Posted by Dave_O
3. Fair enough. We don't have 10GBe either but there may well be a place for it, VDI is an interssting subject too, but not overly economical till really cheap client hardware shows up with full acceleration handoff.
31st March 2013, 02:37 PM #33
+ 1 cable vs 6
Originally Posted by localzuk
18th April 2013, 02:56 PM #34
I have been using Veeam One over the last couple of days and remembered this thread. The attached image shows the Network usage from 7:40am to 2pm today Thursday. Just a normal day in toyland. Bear in mind this represents network usage across all virtual machines not just a few. Not sure what happened at 13:18 but even that only peaks at 60MBps. At that time there were 323 logged in users and it was the middle of a lesson so could be anything...
18th April 2013, 03:01 PM #35
I've had our storage server task manager open for a while today, and it averages around 10Mbps, however, it can and does peak at > 1Gbps at times. I had it hit 1.5Gbps last night.
18th April 2013, 03:02 PM #36
Was that during a backup routine?
18th April 2013, 03:06 PM #37
No, that was during a complete reboot of all VMs.
Originally Posted by Dave_O
18th April 2013, 03:11 PM #38
Yes that would do it!! I don't normally see that amount of activity unless I am rebuilding a VM pool through the VMWare View broker!
I do have to ask, why? If it's VMware then possibly tools upgrade following patching. For Microsoft stuff I don't know is there an equivalent patch procedure. Or do you just like putting the systems through its paces!
By kumar in forum Wired Networks
Last Post: 11th June 2012, 01:39 PM
By fox1977 in forum Licensing Questions
Last Post: 24th February 2010, 11:54 PM
By KK20 in forum Windows Server 2008
Last Post: 4th February 2010, 11:36 AM
By Richie1972 in forum *nix
Last Post: 27th January 2009, 08:24 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)