+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, Thinstation and WDS conflicting? in Technical; I'm trying to get WDS configured in native mode to dish out XP images. Using the tips that are in ...
    Thank Post

Thinstation and WDS conflicting?

I'm trying to get WDS configured in native mode to dish out XP images. Using the tips that are in the sticky I started to get somewhere but suddenly I'm getting our PXE thinstation loading when I F12.

I have the Thinstation boot file in the reminst share, and have DHCP scope options set to show the "thinstation.nbi.zpxe" file as the bootfile name (Option 67). This was how I originally setup thinstation and it always worked fine alongside RIS. However now it looks like there is a clash between the two.

What am I supposed to do? Is there any way of separating the two onto different servers/shares for example?

I desperately need to get WDS working, but it needs to work alongside Thinstation for our terminal clients.

PS Sorry for the double post, I posted this in the Windows forum by mistake earlier.

Thank Post
    Hi,

Don't know if this helps you, i've been playing with thinstation for a couple of weeks now, with RIS running side by side. we are only trialing it at the moment and as such this was the quickest way i could work out.

The way i did it was to use the macaddress of the workstation and set up a dhcp a reservation with the thinstation image(thinstation.nbi) as option 67 within the reservation, leaving the scope options alone.

i am also using the machines GUID to 'prestage' it in the domain and boot a specific boot rom from rom-o-matic using the remote install server setting. i couldn't get the thinstation boot rom to boot correctly for some reason.

this could work as a long time solution if you are planning to roll out a specific number of workstations as thin clients.

hope this helps

dperrott

3. Thanks to dperrott from:

Andi (7th November 2008)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread