+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, VirtualBox on CC4.x no longer playing ball in Technical; Hi I've been using VirtualBox on CC4 for packaging/test machines for an age now however, recently the RMMC has been ...
    Thank Post

VirtualBox on CC4.x no longer playing ball

Hi

I've been using VirtualBox on CC4 for packaging/test machines for an age now however, recently the RMMC has been showing these VMs as an icon with a question mark in the middle and the properties show "Some items are disabled because your selection includes a server". This means it can't be managed in the normal way.

I'm baffled why this has stopped communicating all of a sudden and fresh installs of VB has made no difference.

Remember, this used to work with the current settings so isn't something I've not set within the settings and as far as I can tell, I haven't changed anything.

I'm using a Bridged network connection for a Windows 7 guest. I've been disabling/enabling different features under the System settings and rebuilding the VM each time but none seem to make a difference.

I'm PXE booting to a WDS server and the build appears to go through fine, it's just the final result which doesn't want to play. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Thank Post
    Might it be possible it is detecting the Server class NIC that VirtualBox uses by default to communicate?

If you try one of the older AMD options it may work better - otherwise it sounds like you will be on your way to a rebuild of your VM.

Thank Post
    The NIC being used is "Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop (82540EM)" and the drivers are present in the RMMC repository.

Unfortuantely I've been rebuilding the VM over and over again with different options enabled/disabled with no change in status within the RMMC so already there!!....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread