+ Post New Thread
Thin Client and Virtual Machines Thread, JackPC in Technical; I am just trying to find out if anyone actually uses JackPC in their schools and what servers they connect ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,153 Posts
    Blog Entries

JackPC

I am just trying to find out if anyone actually uses JackPC in their schools and what servers they connect them to (Solaris / Linux / MS)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: JackPC

We're having a new Sixth Form building been built 'soon'. We're considering having these put in as part of the build. We'll be using them with Citrix.

We've look at them before, but they are too expensive (compared to HP for example) and we have no PoE infrastructure. I'm also slightly concerned about ease of maintenance and repairs.

Thank Post

We looked at using JackPCs for our terminal rooms but couldnt afford Citrix.

The main drawback we found was that they ONLY run windows CE so if you run a 2003 server and XP client network then they cant be added to an AD domain. This caused a dealbreaking issue. However ... If you are going to autologon they they are realy neat.
    We tried 5 of them and will now use those 5 to act as display noticeboard machines.

Hope my gibberish helps

Thank Post

Hi All
    We invenstigated JackPC's about a year ago, in my opinion they are more suited to the financial sector and not schools, we talked to a representative about them and from what we gathered they are exclusive to a windows environment, big shame they could have made a killing in the thin client areas bu alas we have now gone with igel.

regards baz

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,550 Posts
    Blog Entries

they seem ok but i dont like how small they are if something goes wrong it might not be worth repairing

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information