Anyone use Macs on a Windows Domain in Somerset?
We are thinking of getting a suite of Macs in our new school and I would like to take a look at how they integrate in a windows environment. I want to see the following:
- how users can log on and whats is the experience like for a user.
- how do you deal with file storage and accessing their home drives and shared areas.
- what is the administration like of the macs. We would be getting a Mac server to deal with this.
- We are going to be using them for our creative arts dept so I would like to see how you deal with large file such as photos and movies.
- our new school is going to be CC4 so I would like to see how the whole system integrates with that.
I have only every used a mac sporadically before now and I would like to feedback to my collegues on how it all fits together. At the moment, all the information is coming from RM and we would like to see it for ourselves.
Does anyone who works close(ish) to the Bridgwater/Taunton area have a setup that I can come a take a look at for a morning/afternoon? I'm more than willing to supply biscuits/refreshments in exchange for some of your very precious time.