+ Post New Thread
SIMS Bulk Import Thread, SIMS Bulk Import - 2.0 in Projects:; I've been working on version 2 for a while now which is a complete overhaul of the previous version, however ...

Thank Post

SIMS Bulk Import - 2.0

I've been working on version 2 for a while now which is a complete overhaul of the previous version, however I've not had much time to really finish this. In attempt to drum up interest to either get the project handed over or to motivate me to finish it I've release a preview version of version 2. Just to confirm:

1. It's not finished.
    2. Pretty sure only the email import is finished. UDF import I'm not sure I finished
    3. It works on 64bit machines.
    4. It doesn't require any license, tis free.
    5. It's a total overhaul
    6. It's not finished.

Finally, you can download it from: https://simsbulkimport.codeplex.com/...es/view/111046

2. 3 Thanks to matt40k:

A_Baboon_in_the_room (10th December 2013), Steve21 (21st August 2013), timpaxton (10th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Hi Matt,

I am currently trying to use your tool, however the created UDFs aren't available from the drop down list. I have copied the error from the log file below. Please advise.

Code:
    2013-12-11 10:50:09.4573|Error|System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 23.63.99.107:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at Matt40k.SIMSBulkImport.Updater.Requestor.request(Uri url, String method, String postData) in c:\Users\Matt\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\SIMSBulkImport\Dev\SIMSBulkImport\SIMSBulkImport\Updater\Requestor.cs:line 44
       at Matt40k.SIMSBulkImport.Updater.Requestor.get_GetVersion() in c:\Users\Matt\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\SIMSBulkImport\Dev\SIMSBulkImport\SIMSBulkImport\Updater\Requestor.cs:line 53
       at Matt40k.SIMSBulkImport.Updater.Update.GetServerVersion() in c:\Users\Matt\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\SIMSBulkImport\Dev\SIMSBulkImport\SIMSBulkImport\Updater\Update.cs:line 51
       at Matt40k.SIMSBulkImport.Updater.Update.GetServerVersion_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in c:\Users\Matt\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\SIMSBulkImport\Dev\SIMSBulkImport\SIMSBulkImport\Updater\Update.cs:line 64

Thank Post
    That errors relates to it trying to check for updates. V2 won't work, I never finished the logic for UDF.

v1.7 should work - but only if it's a single text line. What is the UDF type? You'll have to do the workaround unfortunately -

SIMS Bulk Import - View Issue #1531: Unable to import UDFs

Edit your SIMSBulkImport.exe.config, underneath <add key="AutoUpdate" ... add the following line:

<add key="LicenseKey" value="False" />

5. Thanks to matt40k from:

phughes (11th December 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks for that Matt. Very prompt

Thank Post
    Workaround got me a lot closer...

I have created a UDF field with Text (Single-Line), a csv file with headings and a sinlge user (to test). I select the appropriate headings and UDF and then select the new field underneath. The process then fails at the last stage and the error on the log is below:

Code:
    2013-12-11 12:08:23.5531|Error|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at SIMS.Entities.AbstractCollection.ItemByDescription(String description)
       at Matt40k.SIMSBulkImport.SIMSAPI.GetEmailLocationId(String locationName) in C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\GingerBeard\SIMSBulkImport\SIMSAPI\Main.cs:line 636

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread