Kaspersky AV - Problems with Clients updating - Try this.
We run Kaspersky AV here, and I've had a hell of a lot of problems with my wireless clients updating the virus checker from the management console - I think it might be bandwidth related in that the clients detect the link is slow and don't update. I can't find anywhere to change this tolerance myself, so I wrote this script to solve the problem.
Thought I'd share it here in case anyone else is experiencing the same issues. It's VBscript so save it as something.VBS and run it as a startup script.
It creates a directory called Kaspersky_updates on the C:\ to keep track of whether the script has run that week or not - the idea being you don't want to force an update everytime the machine is turned on, that would be silly - I decided once a week was adequate for it to force an update, you could change this to daily if you wanted by editing the script accordingly. It has a delay of 5 minutes to allow the machine to startup properly before it starts running the updater. You can extend this by editing the delay value in the script.
'This file will force Kaspersky to run an update if it has not done so this week.
'There is a delay of 5 minutes before it does this
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
If NOT objFSO.FolderExists("c:\KASPERSKY_UPDATES") then objFSO.CreateFolder("C:\KASPERSKY_UPDATES")
file="week" & week & " " & yr
If Not objFSO.FileExists("c:\KASPERSKY_UPDATES\" & file) then
cmds=WshShell.RUN("C:\Progra~1\Kasper~1\Kasper~1.0fo\avp.exe UPDATE", 0, True)
Set objFile = objFSO.CreateTextFile("c:\KASPERSKY_UPDATES\" & file)
Hopefully someone will find it useful, it's certainly helped turn all those red computers to green in my management console.