SIMS to MRBS: Script Available
IMPORTANT - The script has been updated, please jump to post 50 for the latest working version.
The old attachment has been removed to prevent confusion.
Please find attached to this thread a script allowing you to import your SIMS Room Timetable into MRBS, by exporting to CSV first.
To Set Up:
- Place the PHP Script in the same folder as MRBS' config.inc.php
- Amend the PHP Script (see below)
Amendments to make for your school:
- Room Names to ID Numbers (Script Lines 44-61, using mrbs_room table in database for reference)
- Default Entry Type for Booking, and an alternate entry type, along with which subjects to use this entry type for (Script Lines 17-19, using MRBS config.inc.php for reference)
- Your Periods/Break/Lunch system, as MRBS treats each period as a 'booking slot' and break/lunch as a 'booking slot', so Period 10 = 0 (first 'slot') + 1 (registration) + 9 (periods past) + 1 (break) + 1 (lunch) = Slot 12, see script lines 203-217 with longer explanation.
Instructions for use:
- Export SIMS timetable for ONE ROOM using attached Report Definition
- Load PHP Script in Web Browser
- Fill out form, including File to Upload [Start/End Term Dates auto-suggested]
- Press Go.
CSV File Notes (auto-setup in Report Definition though):
- ONE ROOM ONLY
- Order of Columns: Room, Day, Period, Class, Teacher, Subject Code, NoStudents
- Period should be defined as 'Mon:7' or 'Mon:07'
Hope this helps!