MP3 Export/conversion script
Heres the situation: I manage the audio/visual systems at my Church. We record the sermons on Sundays and then people can buy a CD or download from the website. We used to do this using a CD recorder as part of our sound system, but this has just died :( (or :) depending on how you look at it ;)).
We want to replace it with a bespoke digital recording system that I am designing. Its going to be a PC with a professional audio interface, running some sort of recording software (probably Audacity, or anther free/cheap package).
The main problem we are encountering, is the time and number of steps it takes the sound operator to finalise the audio, convert it to mp3, burn it to CD, and then upload it to the website. I want to write a script that will pretty much do all that in one go.
What it needs to do is:
- Prompt user to input details (title, speaker, sermon series, date, etc)
- Normalise the audio and set volume level
- Create an MP3 with the relevent ID3 tags: title, artist (speaker), album: (sermon series), etc. and give it a relevent name (yyyy-mm-dd-speaker.mp3)
- Copy MP3 to network server
- Burn that MP3 as an audio CD
- Create a low-bitrate MP3
- Upload low-bitrate MP3 to website (this part I will have to liase with hosting company)
Thanks for any help you can offer.