+ Post New Thread
Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1237
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 Ozan this is utter rubbish, I have tried both at home and with various different web ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    Ozan this is utter rubbish, I have tried both at home and with various different web browsers and every time I try and download the release I just get redirected to the login screen. We have had this issue since we purchased the helpdesk and I've lost count of the number of PM's I've sent you trying to get you to resolve it or to email me over a copy of the latest release, I've phoned and spoken to your colleague on sales on a number of occasions in the past expecting a call back with no avail.
    I've stuck on v2.4.25 at the moment which we have had all sorts of issues with!
    Just PM'd you.

Thank Post
    Ozan,

The point is, a major component has been broken since April, a fix was said to be a matter of days away and yet we are now in November, EIGHT MONTHS LATER. Am I being unreasonable to expect this to be fixed in a product that my school has paid for in good faith? You also denied that it's broken, yet in the service case, you said it would be fixed, which is it?

Again, with the request to email the IT team when a resource is booked. You say this was never made, yet I requested this twice using your service desk over the course of 8 months, which is it?

If you are not insinuating that I am lying, am I mistaken? Did I imagine the emails from you?

Do you think it is reasonable to wait 8 MONTHS for a fix to something that was broken in a release? If a member of the SLT requested something at my school and I said it'll be sorted in a few days and then after 8 MONTHS it's still not fixed, how long do you think I could stay in the job after telling them they need to be realistic in the resolution time?

Don't worry about dialogue to resolve issues and requests, with very little time left on our years contract, we are looking elsewhere. We simply cannot continue with software that doesn't work as described/advertised and non existent support. If the answer to our problems is to start using beta software, then OP Smartdesk is not for me or my college. It's simply not worth the flak from users.

And from this thread, i'm not the only one...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Would probably suggest just keeping this private. For the record the support we've received (although not exactly needed a huge amount) has been excellent and the product including emails works wonders. This helpdesk has been the best of the bunch and has improved helpdesk use from staff with the email polling.
    Emailing now to get a look at the beta

4. Thanks to synaesthesia from:

ICTNUT (18th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Don't key me wrong everytime I've spoken with Ozan he has been very helpful however getting hold of him seems to be an issue.

6. Thanks to Tallwood_6 from:

Thank Post
    Would probably suggest just keeping this private.
    Agreed, but in the past that's not really done much... hense why I posted on here orginally :P

8. Thanks to DrCheese from:

Thank Post
    Hi All

For those of you using our BETA releases we have released another one today v2.5.1063, this can be downloaded via your customer accounts here: https://opsoftware.net/customers/

Release notes can be found here: OP SmartDesk Release Notes

There will most likely be 2 or 3 more BETA updates and we will be ready for a full release version to all. The next couple of BETAs will be purely to tidy up some loose ends ready for a full release.

If anyone is having any issues downloading the BETAs please email / PM me and I'll get you alternative access.
    Last edited by ICTNUT; 25th November 2013 at 08:44 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,156 Posts
    I'm on an old version, but it's stable, so i'm alright. v2.2.273.33240
    So, we tried to get our printers to email us when they have an issue, this works okay, we fake their email. The next step was to send that email to the helpdesk, so it would just make a ticket automagically.
    This didn't work due to the fake email, they would just show up as unknown to the system and missed.

I tried making a user for the printer, using that email. All of a sudden the polling service started to go funny. Not sure what was wrong, but emails sent in would no longer get picked up, replies would get lost and generally things were not happy.

Removing fake user account and clearing out the helpdesk inbox and all is golden again.

Strange and weird that it seemed to know i was trying to cheat it. I mean does it actually check to see if the email is real, or did it pick up an error when trying to send to that address and have a fit. Not sure, just thought i'd share. sharing is caring n'all. =]

We'll probably just set up a rule from a real user to forward the message to the helpdesk and it will be fine.

Thank Post
    Hi,
    We're looking to upgrade to v2.4.59 15273 so we can take advantage of separately managed queues.

Can anyone advise on the setup of emails for the queues. At the moment we have one mailbox which is monitored and is the reply-address. A group of all techs is cc'ed every ticket.

The instructions [ https://opsoftware.net/forums/email-...g_topic35.html ] mention needing a group for each queue and a monitored mailbox plus a hidden queue.

Can we have multiple queues that circulate to multiple groups, and only 1 main reply-to that is polled, or does each queue need it's own monitored mailbox?

I'm really worried about creating loops and also after my previous mess around with printers as above, the polled inbox wouldn't clear, so it kept relogging the same incident / response despite the polling account having permissions over the mailbox. I know others have suffered with this sort of thing, and we don't have time to waste on it.

Ideally, we want all queue to work as they currently do apart from two. One will be dedicated for MIS related problems and one for site maintenance, each will need a separate distribution group.

Thank Post
    @ICTNUT or @plexer or anyone really...?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,453 Posts
    I've not even looked at the latest I'm afraid mate now being out of schools.

Ben

Thank Post
    I thought you might have had it before you escaped, as it's not new, just the latest, been out for ages, plus you had a beta setup too.
    Never mind, i'll have to risk it and revert to snapshot if it goes belly up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,453 Posts
    I never bothered with email notifications mate.

Ben

Thank Post
    I don't think anyone comes here any more but just for posterity, we're still on v2.2.273.33240 and have email templates that show the link for the user to click. This sometimes just says {%% link %%} and resolves to have too many "http://"s in it.

Turns out it's because the template was marking it as an active link, but the code being injected was also putting in the href html tag, so just removing it and re-adding the tag as normal text fixed the issue on nearly all our templates.

Will be doing an upgrade soon to the latest version so will be sure to report back in case anyone is listening.

Thank Post
    So, who's on Amethyst?
    WE ARE OP SmartDesk™ v2.5.7124.36073

What's Amethyst? It's the latest greatest version of OPSmartdesk - out on 9th March.

Just finished install and configure with a bit of assistance from @ICTNUT - Thanks Ozan

We now have a fancy shmancy dashboard, with separate queues for different groups, and reports and all sorts.

If you're a user check it out.

18. Thanks to vikpaw from:

ICTNUT (20th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Is anyone else here still using OPSD? I don't think anyone uses the OPSD forums, so if anyone here is on v2.5 i have a stupid question: where are the canned responses edited from?I just can't see it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread