+ Post New Thread
Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1233
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Thank you Don't mean to moan, we're just a lil frustrated that's all !...
    Thank Post
    Thank you

Don't mean to moan, we're just a lil frustrated that's all !

2. Thanks to DrCheese from:

ICTNUT (17th November 2013)

Thank Post
    We won't be renewing in March. Too long a wait for things that are broken to be fixed (email to staff members when a job has been assigned to them for one) and what should be simple requests for things that should probably be have been in place already (such as a email to the IT team when a resource is booked out, currently we have to keep an eye out just in case somebody books something out.)

It's a shame because the software seemed to have such promise and a very attractive price as well...

Thank Post
    It's a shame because the software seemed to have such promise
    Definitely! The beta version looks a trillion times better, this is why we want it so much!
    Last edited by DrCheese; 15th November 2013 at 10:30 AM.

5. Thanks to DrCheese from:

Thank Post
    I've got the BETA too and I know a lot of work has gone in to the functionality of these recent releases.

7. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

Thank Post
    Hi Guys,

Just has a chat with Plexer and he pointed me over here

Firstly I need to apologise for the lack of communication on here but our primary part of our business (School ICT Support) has been hectic of late and have not had much time to lurk on here

Next please be aware that this forum is not where we provide support for OP SmartDesk, you really need to log your support requests via you account here: https://www.opsoftware.net/customers/ this is the only way we can be sure that your issues get dealt with.

v2.5 is a massive undertaking for us and includes some really cool stuff but as you can imagine this all needs to be tested and testing produces errors which needs to be fixed this is why the release of v2.5 has taken a little longer than previous releases as we want to ensure that we get it right from the start. v2.5 also has a new dedicated online documentation site which is being updated monthly and is accessible directly from within the software.

I am going to make the BETA versions available to those who want them simply email devteam@opsoftware.co.uk with your request and we will add them to your account for download, this will allow you to get to the latest version quicker BUT remember these are BETA versions and although a lot of testing is done there can still be issues so be sure to read ALL the release documentation BEFORE you install it in a live production environment.

I will respond to individual posts shortly however should you have any issues, currently we have none logged on our system, make sure you get them logged so we can help.

9. 2 Thanks to ICTNUT:

plexer (17th November 2013), todav (17th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCheese View Post
    Definitely! The beta version looks a trillion times better, this is why we want it so much!
    If you would like access to the BETA files please let us know, see my previous post.

11. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

plexer (17th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tomearnshaw View Post
    We won't be renewing in March. Too long a wait for things that are broken to be fixed (email to staff members when a job has been assigned to them for one) and what should be simple requests for things that should probably be have been in place already (such as a email to the IT team when a resource is booked out, currently we have to keep an eye out just in case somebody books something out.)

It's a shame because the software seemed to have such promise and a very attractive price as well...
    Email to staff on job assign is indeed working and has worked from the start and emailing the IT upon resource booking was never built into the system but then it was never requested.

The resource booking was very new in v2.4 and we cannot think of everything that users may want or need, we have been developing this software based on direct feedback from schools and testers for 6 years now, if we do not know what you want we cannot be expected to put it in.

13. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallwood_6 View Post
    Ozan can you please either email over the latest patch OPSD v2.4.59, or fix our account so the download works? I have PM'd sent support an email and i'm still waiting.
    There is now issue with your account as I can login as you and download the files, we have come across a few schools that have not been able to get the files due to LEA filtering / dynamic application filtering however they have been able to access the files from outside of the LEA network.

Have you tried this?

15. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmay View Post
    its stressing me out a little at the moment. I've had to rebuild due to a move into new build and it was a problem we were seeing before with email polling but worse now. its not taking any of the text from the body email and adding it into the support request, just the email subject. is there an easy fix in sql?
    We have not seen this behaviour at all, can you log a support request (https://www.opsoftware.net/customers/) so we can work with you to try and understand what is happening?

17. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Nice easy one hopefully

Is it possible to alter the email subjects? Mostly so I can add the "status" in the subject for easy first-glance recognition of new/updated/closed jobs and also to help email filtering without delving into the body.
    Not in the current version of the software but if you could log this as a feature request here: Customer Feedback for OP SmartDesk then we will add it to the road map for you.

19. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by randle View Post
    Anyone else experiencing requests getting raised but not showing on the dashboard? I have 11 active requests but only the In Progress ones show!! All services/Application/server rebooted but no change.

This is a recent issue so wonder if it's related to a recent update maybe!?
    Check the queues that the requests have been raised for and make sure that the user logged in has access to those queues. You can change the queues that a user has access to via the User Setup area.

21. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

Thank Post

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    Email to staff on job assign is indeed working and has worked from the start and emailing the IT upon resource booking was never built into the system but then it was never requested.

The resource booking was very new in v2.4 and we cannot think of everything that users may want or need, we have been developing this software based on direct feedback from schools and testers for 6 years now, if we do not know what you want we cannot be expected to put it in.
    Thats really strange, because ticket 812123 from 16/04/13 seems to suggest otherwise;

Hi,

If possible, we would like to stipulate a email address that would be copied in on the email that is sent to a user when they book a resource.

Currently we are having to manually check to make sure we haven't missed any booking as there is no notification.

regards,

Tom

with a reply of;

Hi Thomas,

Agreed will look to see if we can get this into this Fridays release for you other it will definitely be in the following release.

Regards,

Ozan Pakyuz, MCITP:EA, CCNA
    OP Software Ltd

Still waiting for this release. We then then move onto emails not working, again logged on a support ticket in October (686160) and previously back in April on 769059.

Hi,

I have previously enquired as to getting a confirmation email sent to the IT team when a user books a resource, otherwise, we have to constantly check to see if anything has been booked. I have also asked about emails not being sent when jobs are assigned to team members.
    Both these were to said to be likely fixed in the next version which was promised in May, unless I am mistaken, it is now October and we have no new version.

As we our subscription will be up in March next year, you can imagine how unfavourably this makes you look when we decide to renew or look elsewhere.

Regards....

with a reply of;

Hi,

The next release of the software is due out in November.

The emails sent when a job is assigned has indeed been fixed and is in this release however the email notifications to the IT team has not yet been included as we have been focusing on making the resource manager more stable for users and the ability to auto import timetables from other sources such as SIMS & CMIS etc.

Email notifications will come after the above work has been complete.

We do not have set release dates through the year, our releases are dependant on how our development schedule is running and the requirements of our end users via our in software feedback system as this is the main driver of our development process, the more people that vote for a specific wish / feature the higher up the priority list it goes.

I hope this has been of help for you.

Regards,

Ozan Pakyuz, MCT, MCSE:PC, MCSE:SA, MCSE:EA
    OP Software Ltd

Now, does that suggest that email to staff has worked from the beginning? It certainly did when we first got OP SmartDesk (after waiting two weeks for an activation code) but then the last release broke it and also removed functionality that is still advertised on the website to this day.

Also, I really don't appreciate as a paying customer, the suggestion that I am lying about feature requests and core functionality not working.

At the moment, I cannot recommend anybody purchasing this product with core functionality MIA and promises being broken on timescales...

Thank Post
    I have never implied or said you were lying about anything so please do not insinuate that we did.

It is true that you cannot please everyone.

We are more than happy to have a meaningful dialogue in order to resolve your issues / feature requests but you will also have to be realistic about when these changes will be put in place as per my last response:

We do not have set release dates through the year, our releases are dependant on how our development schedule is running and the requirements of our end users via our in software feedback system as this is the main driver of our development process, the more people that vote for a specific wish / feature the higher up the priority list it goes.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    There is now issue with your account as I can login as you and download the files, we have come across a few schools that have not been able to get the files due to LEA filtering / dynamic application filtering however they have been able to access the files from outside of the LEA network.

Have you tried this?
    Ozan this is utter rubbish, I have tried both at home and with various different web browsers and every time I try and download the release I just get redirected to the login screen. We have had this issue since we purchased the helpdesk and I've lost count of the number of PM's I've sent you trying to get you to resolve it or to email me over a copy of the latest release, I've phoned and spoken to your colleague on sales on a number of occasions in the past expecting a call back with no avail.
    I've stuck on v2.4.25 at the moment which we have had all sorts of issues with!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    As a way forward, maybe you can authenticate to eachother by email and use dropbox to get teh file across, just to see if the new version improves things.

I know i avoided the last version which gave multiple email queues because i've got a working system and didn't want to rock the boat. I'm currently on v2.2.273.33240
    - not even sure which jewel that is, maybe Ruby. We have a couple of issues with the email formatting, but otherwise it's all working

26. Thanks to vikpaw from:

ICTNUT (18th November 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread