+ Post New Thread
Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1237
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Can you check out the tags thing. Some of my links are displaying as pure tags. I know this was ...

Thank Post
    Can you check out the tags thing. Some of my links are displaying as pure tags. I know this was mentioned up above by somebody else too, vikpaw I think?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Can you check out the tags thing. Some of my links are displaying as pure tags. I know this was mentioned up above by somebody else too, vikpaw I think?
    The only one tag that has an issue is {%% LINK %%}, this has been patched also.

Thank Post
    reset the server that our copy lives on last night, back to the periods being the wrong way round. still today for the update?

Thank Post
    Hi All,

v2.3.999 has been released this morning and is available via your customer area - https://opsoftware.net/customers/

This is an interim upgrade to address a couple of issues raised surrounding email delivery and the resource manager, upgrades are carried out in the normal way and documentation can be found here: https://opsoftware.net/helpdesk/kbDetails.aspx?id=46

A change log can also be seen here: Change Log - OP Software Issue Tracker

We advise that everyone who has already upgraded to v2.3 should apply this upgrade, if you have yet to upgrade then go straight to this interim release as it contains all previous releases within it.

Thank Post
    Has fixed our reversing room booking, but still no way of deleting timetabled sessions (our timetable is constantly in flux....)

6. Thanks to jamesmay from:

ICTNUT (10th October 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmay View Post
    Has fixed our reversing room booking, but still no way of deleting timetabled sessions (our timetable is constantly in flux....)
    That feature is on the roadmap, I asked recently. :-)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmay View Post
    We will be testing this in the next few days. If all proves to be OK in testing will see if we can sort something out for you.

Thank Post
    wicked thanks

Thank Post
    Been playing around with the online demo of this and have been quite impressed, especially for the price point you're selling at. One thing that interests me is the custom fields. Is there a way a custom field could be defined as either a drop-down list or a radio button? The main reason I ask is that our current (elderly, homemade, abandonware) Ticketing system has a drop down list of locations, and also request sub-type (Software, Hardware, etc). Is the ability to define custom fields in that way something that's in the pipeline or easily doable? Or even a way to tie the location into the Asset tracking side?

Many thanks in advance, definitely interested in this product but obviously want to see if some of the existing features we're used to can be replicated in your system.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AshF View Post
    Been playing around with the online demo of this and have been quite impressed, especially for the price point you're selling at. One thing that interests me is the custom fields. Is there a way a custom field could be defined as either a drop-down list or a radio button? The main reason I ask is that our current (elderly, homemade, abandonware) Ticketing system has a drop down list of locations, and also request sub-type (Software, Hardware, etc). Is the ability to define custom fields in that way something that's in the pipeline or easily doable? Or even a way to tie the location into the Asset tracking side?

Many thanks in advance, definitely interested in this product but obviously want to see if some of the existing features we're used to can be replicated in your system.
    Hi AshF,

The ability to extend the custom fileds to drop-downs, radio buttons, checkboxes etc is a feature for v2.4 and is part of that roadmap. This will apply to both the support request and asset manager custom fields.

Currently support custom fields are linked to support queues and upon selecting a support queue the additional fields are displayed, with the asset manager the asset type triggers the custom fields. In each case the you can have an unlimited number of custom fields linked.

From v2.4 you will be able to link the asset to a support request allowing for previous asset histories and vice versa making a much more powerful tool alround.

Hope this helps, shout if you need any more info.

Thank Post
    Has anyone applied the update and resolved the queue email problem? I now have the extra fields for the extra addresses, but the queue addresses ( we are not polling ) are still not getting notifications of new tickets.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinesewhispers View Post
    Has anyone applied the update and resolved the queue email problem? I now have the extra fields for the extra addresses, but the queue addresses ( we are not polling ) are still not getting notifications of new tickets.
    Are you getting any emails generated?

Have you tested you outgoing SMTP settings? This can be done by going to Home -> Email Setup -> SMTP Settings -> Test

If your SMTP is OK you then need to check your From and Group email addresses linked to the support queues.

The from email address is where the email is sent back to if a user replies to an email generated by OPSD if you are not email polling then this should be a distribution group for the staff that handle that support queue.
    The group email address is a distribution group for staff that look after that queue and any support emails generated by OPSD this group will be CC'd on.

The caveat to this is Exchange 2010 (and possibly Exchange 2007 too) where the email address/user account used to send email out, under your SMTP settings, MUST have send as rights on the from email address if these are different. If you are email polling then this will be the case and emails will not be sent and excahnge will simply delay and the drop the emails generated.

Shout me if you want to do a remote session so we can take a look at your settings.

Thank Post
    Hello,

We've recently purchased OP SmartDesk from yourselves and are having a few teething issues with setting it up. When trying to add any Asset Sites, Locations, Suppliers, Manufacturers or Custom Fields; there doesn't appear to be any way to actually input any information. We're just greeted by a short introduction as to what each section is and/or will be used for.

The same is also occurring with the Print Manager section too.

Looking at previous patch notes they suggests these features are in fact operational but the pages we are viewing suggest they are not finished. Any ideas?
    AssetSitesBlank.jpgPrintManagerBlank.jpg

Thank Post
    Something isn't showing correctly for you. It should look like this. Those areas are definately finished.

Which browser?

assets.png
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 11th October 2012 at 03:12 PM.

Thank Post
    It does the same thing in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread