+ Post New Thread
Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1218
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by jamesmay the alternative lines the links refer in the wrong order to the periods they are in... ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmay View Post
    the alternative lines the links refer in the wrong order to the periods they are in...
    Sorry can you clarify for me what you mean by that? I don' have access to the OPSD support system>

Ben

Thank Post
    Create Periods, Rooms and Weeks.

First room, click on the link to book and it books the right period

Click to book a room on the next line down for this one and the reverse period for this room is booked - Ie book LP1 on room 1 it reports you have booked LP1. Book room 2 (next line down ) and it books LP6 even if you click the link in LP 1. It shows in the right position in the overall time table but in the summary view shows the wrong period...

Thank Post
    Create Periods, Rooms and Weeks.

First room, click on the link to book and it books the right period

Click to book a room on the next line down for this one and the reverse period for this room is booked - Ie book LP1 on room 1 it reports you have booked LP1. Book room 2 (next line down ) and it books LP6 even if you click the link in LP 1. It shows in the right position in the overall time table but in the summary view shows the wrong period...
    So if I understand you correctly what your saying is:

Room 1 - P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5
    Room 2 - P5 - P4 - P3 - P2 - P1
    Room 3 - P1 - P2 - P3 - P4 - P5
    Room 4 - P5 - P4 - P3 - P2 - P1

Is that correct? If so can we arrange a remote session so we can take a look and try to work out what is going on, we have not had any reports of anything like this and have alot of schools using the room booking system without any issue.
    Last edited by ICTNUT; 20th September 2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: typo

Thank Post
    Yeah that exactly the issue...Do you know when we might be able to delete entries?

Thank Post
    Yeah that exactly the issue...Do you know when we might be able to delete entries?
    OK, this is something we have not seen, any chance we can do a remote session to take a look at your data and see what is going on?

As far as deleting entries you can only delete user based entries and not timetabled ones, we are currently working on this and should have an update out soon for that.

Thank Post
    I appear to be having an issue with my email setup in regards to the support email account used within the outgoing email settings. I've added the relevant SMTP details and the outgoing test says all is ok and even get a test email sent through to the support email alias address so from this result you would expect all is working!
    When updating a request, the requester receives an email but the support alias group from above doesn't receive anything! I've tried using an older SMTP server which worked in the previous release however, this still doesn't work.

The SMTP is the default IIS settings and no errors are being generated as the outgoing test is saying everything is fine.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by randle View Post
    I appear to be having an issue with my email setup in regards to the support email account used within the outgoing email settings. I've added the relevant SMTP details and the outgoing test says all is ok and even get a test email sent through to the support email alias address so from this result you would expect all is working!
    When updating a request, the requester receives an email but the support alias group from above doesn't receive anything! I've tried using an older SMTP server which worked in the previous release however, this still doesn't work.

The SMTP is the default IIS settings and no errors are being generated as the outgoing test is saying everything is fine.

Anyone else had a similar issue?
    Have you added the required email address groups to the support queues?

There is a slight change to the way that emails are generated in that we no longer broadcast all emails out to the default helpdesk email account of old.

Due to schools wanting to use the helpdesk for areas of the school other than support I.e. site management or reprographics we have enabled queue based email addresses so only the address linked to the queue are included on emails for that queue.

This ensures that emails are not sent to people that have nothing to do with that queue.

When a new request is logged then the user for whom the request is logged for will get an email plus the email group that is linked to the queue, after that any updates or closures are only sent to the user whom the call was logged for and the member of staff who has ownership of that call.

Thank Post
    The helpdesk is only used by us (IT Support) so have added the email account that will be used for incoming polling to each queue seeing as the description says that this is the reply to address when a user replies to the email sent out. This adress is not the same as the Support email account as that is an alias group and cannot be polled.

For testing purposes I have changed the queues linked email address to be the same as the support email however this has made no difference.

I haven't yet added any details to the Email Importing Configuration section yet as am not activating email polling until I can get the outgoing mail to work properly. Is it a case that this is still a requirement?

Thank Post
    Having same issue here as Randle.

Also had email puller work once, hasn't work since.

Thank Post
    We've got the same issue with emails not being sent to the queue email addresses (though they do appear to go to the reporting user), whether they be single email addresses or distribution lists for multiple members of a team. Exchange 2003 being used internally. Already reported directly to OP support, but pending a response at the moment.

Thank Post
    Yes the reporting user does get the emails however, is hard to tell that all's working when not receiving these ourselves. I have this logged too but wanted to see if others were experiencing this as was initially thinking this was unique to my setup.

My understanding from reading the on-screen descriptions is that the support queue email addresses are for incoming configuration only and is the reply to address as described in that section:

This is used as the reply to email address for all support requests linked to this queue
    However, emails don't get sent out to the requester unless the relevant support queue has an email address attached to it so appears that it's outgoing required also.

Thank Post
    is the interim fix ready yet?

Thank Post
    I'm a bit confused about the issue here - it's working for us though.

The 'Email Address' needs to be the address that people can reply to. E.g myhelpdesk@domain.com.
    The 'Group Email Address' needs to be the address that is notified when myhelpdesk@domain.com gets a new email.

Is this how you have it setup? Each seperate queue for us has email address and group email address set BUT I have not set the "Email Importing Configuration" options for some of the queues as I don't want to use the automatic polling for them.

Do you have this all the same?

Thank Post
    Yes as above, this is the same as how I have this setup except that the support queues have the same pollable email address assigned to all.

The Support email (Group email address) in the outgoing mail settings section has an alias email address which individually we're all a member of.

Although the test works and sends an email address to this alias group, no email is sent via request updates.

Thank Post
    Although the test works and sends an email address to this alias group, no email is sent via request updates.
    You mean when a new request is added? Request updates (an email when a request is updated) are only sent to the 'assigned' user.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, just trying to get it set in my mind, in the hope I might be able to help.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread