+ Post New Thread
Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1233
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; FYI person who said demo site is broken. It's worth noting the demo site is running a BETA release. The ...

Thank Post
    FYI person who said demo site is broken.

It's worth noting the demo site is running a BETA release. The version you'll be downloading now (if you buy) is stable.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    FYI person who said demo site is broken.

It's worth noting the demo site is running a BETA release. The version you'll be downloading now (if you buy) is stable.
    I wa getting the same message when I was trying the bulk user upload.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfergusson View Post
    How do you go about making use of pull timetable from SIMS?

Thanks
    Darren
    I'm interested in this, if anyone can advise.

Also, i've just upgraded to Diamond - had to wing it and make my own instructions up, so a few little issues.
    Can't get Outbound email to work. Inbound retained it's settings and the test works, but outbound won't work with details from old web.config file, nor with some new ones i've tested. it's got to the correct server as if i change that i get a different error. now it just says NegativeSMTPResponse - any clues?

Also, it's wrongly detecting Chrome to be Safari, and i get a random error when i refresh the page which isn't happening on firefox or IE

01-07-2012-14.55.22.png

another strange thing, it remembered my staff logo, but the user and admin logos disappeared. weird. i've done no changeover of files from old to new this time.

Thank Post
    with regards the email problem. i've tested inbound and it works fine and is polling for pop okay.
    i turned on logging for outbound and it's connecting to server ok, helo is fine, authenticates as user okay, but then when it tries to send, it's sending from and to the same account which is my distribution email address. it's erroring there by saying the user doesn't have permission to send as that account.

[17:24:15.20] [RECV] 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender\r\n
    [17:24:15.20] [INFO] Error: BDAT command has been rejected by the server. The server responded: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender.

Used to work fine, so not sure what's changed. I don't have a username and password for the email distribution group. Do i need to give extra permissions now to my SMTP user..?

Thank Post
    Cracked it.
    Started looking into permissions and such like. Eventually found a command to be entered via Shell to give sendas permission over a distribution list. I didn't really like this as a) it came from a random website and i couldn't verify syntax on a M$ site (in limited time frame) and b) i'm not exchange admin, so didn't want to be poking around when NM is on hols.

Kept experimenting and searching and eventually came across the following solution.

In AD Users & Computers, from the View Menu, enable extra advanced settings. Find the distribution group in OU structure. Right Click, properties, and you now have security. Under there add the SMTP user and grant 'Send As' right.

This has done the job. I read somewhere that sometimes permissions return to default with certain accounts / security groups, but hopefully this will persist.

In case it's relevant our setup is this. We have a security group for our IT staff. This group has been given an email as a distribution group in Exchange 2010.

We have a helpdesk user account with an email, which is the one we use for people to email to randomly, and it is polled by OPSD using it's own account.

There is an SMTP service account, which we used to use in the web.config file and it was able to send the notification emails that we wanted. They go as though they are from the distribution group, as the setup tells us to.

I don't know what's changed, but it appears to be working for the moment.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    I'm interested in this, if anyone can advise.
    Also, i've just upgraded to Diamond - had to wing it and make my own instructions up, so a few little issues.
    Upgrade instructions are here : https://opsoftware.net/helpdesk/kbDetails.aspx?id=46 Do not forget to upgrade/replace your web.config file as there will have been changes to this as we move most settings into the admin area.

Can't get Outbound email to work. Inbound retained it's settings and the test works, but outbound won't work with details from old web.config file, nor with some new ones i've tested. it's got to the correct server as if i change that i get a different error. now it just says NegativeSMTPResponse - any clues?
    What email server/service are you using? Sounds like a permissions error. When you do an SMTP test place a check in the generate log option and once done check the App_Data folder for the text file, this records the entire SMTP handshake and will generally give you lots more information on what may be happening.

Also, it's wrongly detecting Chrome to be Safari, and i get a random error when i refresh the page which isn't happening on firefox or IE
    Make sure you clear the browser cache to ensure the upgraded files are replaced on the local PC that will solve your error.

another strange thing, it remembered my staff logo, but the user and admin logos disappeared. weird. i've done no changeover of files from old to new this time.
    Again clear the browser cache.

Thank Post
    Cracked it.
    Started looking into permissions and such like. Eventually found a command to be entered via Shell to give sendas permission over a distribution list. I didn't really like this as a) it came from a random website and i couldn't verify syntax on a M$ site (in limited time frame) and b) i'm not exchange admin, so didn't want to be poking around when NM is on hols.

Kept experimenting and searching and eventually came across the following solution.

In AD Users & Computers, from the View Menu, enable extra advanced settings. Find the distribution group in OU structure. Right Click, properties, and you now have security. Under there add the SMTP user and grant 'Send As' right.

This has done the job. I read somewhere that sometimes permissions return to default with certain accounts / security groups, but hopefully this will persist.

In case it's relevant our setup is this. We have a security group for our IT staff. This group has been given an email as a distribution group in Exchange 2010.

We have a helpdesk user account with an email, which is the one we use for people to email to randomly, and it is polled by OPSD using it's own account.

There is an SMTP service account, which we used to use in the web.config file and it was able to send the notification emails that we wanted. They go as though they are from the distribution group, as the setup tells us to.

I don't know what's changed, but it appears to be working for the moment.
    The change in the way outbound emails has changed in v2.2 is we no longer use the built in .Net email facility and have a custom one now instead, this allows us to be able to provide a much more flexible inbound and outbound email service supporting SSL and custom ports as well as support for GMail and Live@Edu(Office 365 for Education)

We have ramped up the error checking and made it more standards compliant so this is why you are now being notified more about permissions.

With v2.3 due out in a few weeks this is taken further with each support queue now being email enabled so you can have mulitple mailboxes for different queues.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmay View Post
    yeah sorry bulk user upload - I get a "could not find a path of the part 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\OPSD_2_2_273_33240\app_data\fi le_uploads\workbook1.csv . There is no file_uploads in the app_data directory. Followed all instructions in setup etc
    As an FYI for anyone else that may run into this it turned out the file_uploads folder was not created within the app_data folder when the files where extracted. We have com across some .zip utilities that if a folder is empty it will not create the folder. Simply adding the folder in manually resolved this issue.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfergusson View Post
    How do you go about making use of pull timetable from SIMS?

Thanks
    Darren
    Darren,

If you check the following link you will see that this is us invetigating the possibility of exporting data for the room booking system. At the moment we are re-writing a more robust resource manager for OP SmartDesk which our BETA testers will start testing very soon.

LINK: 0000150: Pull timetable information from SIMS - OP Software Issue Tracker

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Has anybody had any issues with a clean install of the latest version (2.2.273 - Diamond)? We can't currently even get to the initial setup page as we get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error on any page we try to access. This is on a Windows 2008 SP2 Standard box and we have followed the various KB articles. A support request has been raised, but just though we'd check on here as well in case someone has come across this before?

Cheers.
    FYI for anyone who runs into this problem, this is due to not changing a required value in the web.config file prior to running the setup as per the instructions here: (step 5) https://opsoftware.net/helpdesk/kbDetails.aspx?id=45

Once this is done all is OK and the installer will work.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    Upgrade instructions are here : https://opsoftware.net/helpdesk/kbDetails.aspx?id=46 Do not forget to upgrade/replace your web.config file as there will have been changes to this as we move most settings into the admin area.

What email server/service are you using? Sounds like a permissions error. When you do an SMTP test place a check in the generate log option and once done check the App_Data folder for the text file, this records the entire SMTP handshake and will generally give you lots more information on what may be happening.

Make sure you clear the browser cache to ensure the upgraded files are replaced on the local PC that will solve your error.

Again clear the browser cache.
    I basically followed those instructions, based on past experience, except i dropped in a clean OPSD folder, so had to copy in licence file some pics and things. That's probably why i lost the logos. Clearing cache, removed the staff one that was there, but i've put it back now.
    I already did the logging for email. We use Exchange 2010. It was never an issue before, but like you say, the mechanism your sending by has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    The change in the way outbound emails has changed in v2.2 is we no longer use the built in .Net email facility and have a custom one now instead, this allows us to be able to provide a much more flexible inbound and outbound email service supporting SSL and custom ports as well as support for GMail and Live@Edu(Office 365 for Education)

We have ramped up the error checking and made it more standards compliant so this is why you are now being notified more about permissions.

With v2.3 due out in a few weeks this is taken further with each support queue now being email enabled so you can have mulitple mailboxes for different queues.
    I'm not sure why i now need more permissions, it's probably that the from account has changed. Looking at older notification emails, the reply-to address used to be the same as the email polling address. It is now the distribution group.

So before it was coming from the distribution group email but it still said IT helpdesk, and the reply to was set as the ithelpdesk.
    Now it's coming from the distribution group email and states that, the reply to is the distribution group too.

I'm hesitant to change the outbound email address to the ithelpdesk one now, as i think that will alleviate the permissions issue, but i think it will create a loop as each email will be forwarded to itself and then polled as an update.

Nice feature on the auto-close, only problem is, it just closed a couple of calls, where the user was the last responder so it doesn't make sense that the user hasn't updated. In fact it just draws attention to the fact that a ticket was not updated by us for two weeks! Will it only operate on open calls, or will On Hold also get actioned?

Thank Post
    I'm hesitant to change the outbound email address to the ithelpdesk one now, as i think that will alleviate the permissions issue, but i think it will create a loop as each email will be forwarded to itself and then polled as an update.
    This is a known "loop" issue with Exchange and as of the next release is removed and set as part of the individual queue email settings.

Nice feature on the auto-close, only problem is, it just closed a couple of calls, where the user was the last responder so it doesn't make sense that the user hasn't updated. In fact it just draws attention to the fact that a ticket was not updated by us for two weeks! Will it only operate on open calls, or will On Hold also get actioned?
    Auto close ONLY affects calls in progress, open and on-hold are not affected. The process is open calls will be affected by any SLA rules you may have in place, in progress calls are affected by SLA and Auto close, on-hold is exepmt from auto close and SLA. There has been a feature request logged with us that auto close be queue specific, we are looking into this to see if this would be of benefit and may add this at a later date.

Thank Post
    Ah thats why i received a load of duplicate emails yesterday... Any idea on the release date of 3.3 yet?

Thank Post
    Ok, i get it now, just need to put all our calls on hold for a few weeks over the summer.

Mobile site finally works - it's pretty awesome. Can someone tell me if it's possible to get the site to work from the ip address, rather than the dns name, as it's a faff with our wireless to have to put in the proxy and get dns working. if we could just browse to ip address/opsd or whatever that would be really useful.

Also, i know file downloads are going, but i still can't get my old ones to work. they used to live in a file_downloads folder, but it's asking for them to be in a support_uploads folder, but it doesn't work in either.

this is the link:
    http://ithelpdesk/Staff/getFiles.ash...in%20SIMS.docx

and this is the error:
    Code:
    Could not find a part of the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\OPSD\App_Data\file_uploads\support_uploads\'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\OPSD\App_Data\file_uploads\support_uploads\'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace:
    [DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\OPSD\App_Data\file_uploads\support_uploads\'.] System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +193 System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +1162 System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +66 System.IO.File.Open(String path, FileMode mode) +58 OPSD.Staff.GetFiles.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +237 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4223; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4223
    Are old uploads defunct as of now?

Also, it still thinks my chrome browser is AppleMAC-Safari v5.0 I'm pretty sure, Sergey Brin is not going to like that!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmay View Post
    Ah thats why i received a load of duplicate emails yesterday... Any idea on the release date of 3.3 yet?
    End Of July

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread