+ Post New Thread
Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1233
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Thanks. Please share the upgrade procedure, or is it part of the download. I'm guessing there is a change to ...
  1. #961

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,844
    Thank Post
    671
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Rep Power
    349
    Thanks. Please share the upgrade procedure, or is it part of the download.
    I'm guessing there is a change to the routine if some data is now out of the web.config , also there are certain folders that need to be preserved, or at least there used to be.

  2. #962
    randle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    594
    Thank Post
    66
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Has anyone else been having problems with outgoing mails? I'm using the LA SMTP server which doesn't require authentication. I haven't been able to send emails out from the helpdesk since upgrading which is a complete PITA as no-one knows I've updated their requests.

    When testing Outgoing mails from the helpdesk I get the message "NoSupportedAuth" and the log simply says "Error: None of the specified authentication methods is supported by the server."

    The server is currently sending out emails from Symantec BE using the same details so I know the SMTP route is fine which means surely this has to be the helpdesk settings somewhere!?

    Incoming mails also are not being automatically deleted after being polled meaning the request is constantly updated with the same message leading to a massive ticket unless the mail is manually deleted. I'm baffled as this worked fine before the upgrade!

  3. #963

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,088
    Thank Post
    402
    Thanked 618 Times in 565 Posts
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by randle View Post
    Has anyone else been having problems with outgoing mails? I'm using the LA SMTP server which doesn't require authentication. I haven't been able to send emails out from the helpdesk since upgrading which is a complete PITA as no-one knows I've updated their requests.

    When testing Outgoing mails from the helpdesk I get the message "NoSupportedAuth" and the log simply says "Error: None of the specified authentication methods is supported by the server."

    The server is currently sending out emails from Symantec BE using the same details so I know the SMTP route is fine which means surely this has to be the helpdesk settings somewhere!?

    Incoming mails also are not being automatically deleted after being polled meaning the request is constantly updated with the same message leading to a massive ticket unless the mail is manually deleted. I'm baffled as this worked fine before the upgrade!
    Had this issue myself. Do you have your own mail server on site?

  4. #964
    randle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    594
    Thank Post
    66
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Right ignore this one. Turns out the SMTP server I use (LA) is the culprit here. I'm currently using an alternative SMTP server and all's working as expected. After sorting out the outgoing route, inbound mails started getting cleared again. Looks like I need to have a chat with the ol LA....

  5. #965

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,088
    Thank Post
    402
    Thanked 618 Times in 565 Posts
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by randle View Post
    Right ignore this one. Turns out the SMTP server I use (LA) is the culprit here. I'm currently using an alternative SMTP server and all's working as expected. After sorting out the outgoing route, inbound mails started getting cleared again. Looks like I need to have a chat with the ol LA....
    Exact same issue here. In the end I ended up not using their relay and just passed emails through our internal Exchange. It didn't make sense to route emails out and back in again anyway...

  6. #966
    randle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    594
    Thank Post
    66
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Exact same issue here. In the end I ended up not using their relay and just passed emails through our internal Exchange. It didn't make sense to route emails out and back in again anyway...
    I agree that it seems pointless but have no exchange server onsite so have no choice unfortunately.

  7. #967

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,088
    Thank Post
    402
    Thanked 618 Times in 565 Posts
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by randle View Post
    I agree that it seems pointless but have no exchange server onsite so have no choice unfortunately.
    Oh no that's understandable! Was just saying in our case we could work around it.

  8. #968

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi Ozan,

    I thought this was opensource as you had mentioned, this looks good - will see if we can get a trial download or check out the prices..

    Thanks

  9. #969

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,844
    Thank Post
    671
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Rep Power
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by rihatums View Post
    Hi Ozan,

    I thought this was opensource as you had mentioned, this looks good - will see if we can get a trial download or check out the prices..

    Thanks
    OP SmartDesk - Helpdesk, Asset Management, Network Management & Resource Management - All In One

    Is anyone out there on Diamond yet? Any issues?

  10. #970

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,844
    Thank Post
    671
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Rep Power
    349
    Can Diamond handle two week timetables from SIMS?

  11. #971

    plexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    13,274
    Thank Post
    614
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Rep Power
    412
    Room booking is not implemented.

    Ben

  12. #972

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,844
    Thank Post
    671
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Rep Power
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Room booking is not implemented.

    Ben
    OMG I thought it was coming 2 releases ago. I figured, having fixed the issue with pulling timetable info from SIMS, meant it was ready to go. I've been promising this feature for a year now!

  13. #973

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,088
    Thank Post
    402
    Thanked 618 Times in 565 Posts
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    OMG I thought it was coming 2 releases ago. I figured, having fixed the issue with pulling timetable info from SIMS, meant it was ready to go. I've been promising this feature for a year now!
    It'll be here for September, I believe! :-)

  14. #974
    randle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    594
    Thank Post
    66
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
    Rep Power
    19
    Has anyone else had problems re-arranging email templates in the latest release?

    I've been modifying my email templates but in doing so massive spaces have started appearing between lines and removing them leads to completely random results and in most cases even more blank lines inserted at random places. Now the templates look very sloppy and people are missing email updates thinking that the email's blank. I've tried modifying the html code directly but this makes no difference when the "Update template" button is clicked.

  15. #975

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,088
    Thank Post
    402
    Thanked 618 Times in 565 Posts
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by randle View Post
    Has anyone else had problems re-arranging email templates in the latest release?

    I've been modifying my email templates but in doing so massive spaces have started appearing between lines and removing them leads to completely random results and in most cases even more blank lines inserted at random places. Now the templates look very sloppy and people are missing email updates thinking that the email's blank. I've tried modifying the html code directly but this makes no difference when the "Update template" button is clicked.
    Instead of using just enter, use shift and enter. It's to do with the WYSIWYG editor.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Framework for ICT Technical Support (FITS)
    By FITS in forum School ICT Policies
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 3rd March 2009, 09:38 AM
  2. very very urgent: FITS Your Experiences
    By russdev in forum General EduGeek News/Announcements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23rd October 2007, 11:21 PM
  3. Is your school website DDA compliant?
    By bishopsgarthstockton in forum Web Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th July 2007, 03:34 PM
  4. dda compliant website
    By Uraken in forum Web Development
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8th June 2007, 09:23 AM
  5. PHP based Helpdesk with IMAP or POP3 authentication?
    By wesleyw in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18th October 2006, 01:08 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •