+ Post New Thread
Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Thanks. Please share the upgrade procedure, or is it part of the download. I'm guessing there is a change to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Thanks. Please share the upgrade procedure, or is it part of the download.
    I'm guessing there is a change to the routine if some data is now out of the web.config , also there are certain folders that need to be preserved, or at least there used to be.

Thank Post
    Has anyone else been having problems with outgoing mails? I'm using the LA SMTP server which doesn't require authentication. I haven't been able to send emails out from the helpdesk since upgrading which is a complete PITA as no-one knows I've updated their requests.

When testing Outgoing mails from the helpdesk I get the message "NoSupportedAuth" and the log simply says "Error: None of the specified authentication methods is supported by the server."

The server is currently sending out emails from Symantec BE using the same details so I know the SMTP route is fine which means surely this has to be the helpdesk settings somewhere!?

Incoming mails also are not being automatically deleted after being polled meaning the request is constantly updated with the same message leading to a massive ticket unless the mail is manually deleted. I'm baffled as this worked fine before the upgrade!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by randle View Post
    Has anyone else been having problems with outgoing mails? I'm using the LA SMTP server which doesn't require authentication. I haven't been able to send emails out from the helpdesk since upgrading which is a complete PITA as no-one knows I've updated their requests.

When testing Outgoing mails from the helpdesk I get the message "NoSupportedAuth" and the log simply says "Error: None of the specified authentication methods is supported by the server."

The server is currently sending out emails from Symantec BE using the same details so I know the SMTP route is fine which means surely this has to be the helpdesk settings somewhere!?

Incoming mails also are not being automatically deleted after being polled meaning the request is constantly updated with the same message leading to a massive ticket unless the mail is manually deleted. I'm baffled as this worked fine before the upgrade!
    Had this issue myself. Do you have your own mail server on site?

Thank Post
    Right ignore this one. Turns out the SMTP server I use (LA) is the culprit here. I'm currently using an alternative SMTP server and all's working as expected. After sorting out the outgoing route, inbound mails started getting cleared again. Looks like I need to have a chat with the ol LA....

Thank Post
    Right ignore this one. Turns out the SMTP server I use (LA) is the culprit here. I'm currently using an alternative SMTP server and all's working as expected. After sorting out the outgoing route, inbound mails started getting cleared again. Looks like I need to have a chat with the ol LA....
    Exact same issue here. In the end I ended up not using their relay and just passed emails through our internal Exchange. It didn't make sense to route emails out and back in again anyway...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Exact same issue here. In the end I ended up not using their relay and just passed emails through our internal Exchange. It didn't make sense to route emails out and back in again anyway...
    I agree that it seems pointless but have no exchange server onsite so have no choice unfortunately.

Thank Post
    I agree that it seems pointless but have no exchange server onsite so have no choice unfortunately.
    Oh no that's understandable! Was just saying in our case we could work around it.

Thank Post
    Hi Ozan,

I thought this was opensource as you had mentioned, this looks good - will see if we can get a trial download or check out the prices..

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rihatums View Post
    Hi Ozan,

I thought this was opensource as you had mentioned, this looks good - will see if we can get a trial download or check out the prices..

Thanks
    OP SmartDesk - Helpdesk, Asset Management, Network Management & Resource Management - All In One

Is anyone out there on Diamond yet? Any issues?

Thank Post
    Can Diamond handle two week timetables from SIMS?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Room booking is not implemented.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Room booking is not implemented.

Ben
    OMG I thought it was coming 2 releases ago. I figured, having fixed the issue with pulling timetable info from SIMS, meant it was ready to go. I've been promising this feature for a year now!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    OMG I thought it was coming 2 releases ago. I figured, having fixed the issue with pulling timetable info from SIMS, meant it was ready to go. I've been promising this feature for a year now!
    It'll be here for September, I believe! :-)

Thank Post
    Has anyone else had problems re-arranging email templates in the latest release?

I've been modifying my email templates but in doing so massive spaces have started appearing between lines and removing them leads to completely random results and in most cases even more blank lines inserted at random places. Now the templates look very sloppy and people are missing email updates thinking that the email's blank. I've tried modifying the html code directly but this makes no difference when the "Update template" button is clicked.

Thank Post
    Has anyone else had problems re-arranging email templates in the latest release?

I've been modifying my email templates but in doing so massive spaces have started appearing between lines and removing them leads to completely random results and in most cases even more blank lines inserted at random places. Now the templates look very sloppy and people are missing email updates thinking that the email's blank. I've tried modifying the html code directly but this makes no difference when the "Update template" button is clicked.
    Instead of using just enter, use shift and enter. It's to do with the WYSIWYG editor.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread