+ Post New Thread
Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by mrbios Well like i say, not certain if it's meant to look like this but i find ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Well like i say, not certain if it's meant to look like this but i find this part very squashed together/clutter like:
    EDIT: i think personally i'd prefer it to look more like this:

BEfore on the left, after i've frigged about in paint on the right lol (imageshack seems to be going slow loading the picture tho for me)
    I would say it was all wrong, what browser are you using?

Have you cleared the cache for the browser?

Have you viewed it in another browser?

The image below it what it should look like

ticket_layout.png

Thank Post
    ohhhh well that looks far more like it haha, i'm currently using chrome, tried clearing the cache a few times, i'll test some other browsers then.

EDIT: Ok works fine in firefox and IE9 but not in chrome, which is a pitty as that's all that's used here school wide now lol, you going to be working on chrome compatibility any time soon?

ah ffs it works fine in opera as well, trust me to pick the one browser that has issues.

EDIT: ah ha, clearing the cache 3 times appears to have fixed it o_O not sure why but multiple reloads have got it looking like it should
    Last edited by mrbios; 29th November 2011 at 10:02 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    ohhhh well that looks far more like it haha, i'm currently using chrome, tried clearing the cache a few times, i'll test some other browsers then.

EDIT: Ok works fine in firefox and IE9 but not in chrome, which is a pitty as that's all that's used here school wide now lol, you going to be working on chrome compatibility any time soon?

ah ffs it works fine in opera as well, trust me to pick the one browser that has issues.

EDIT: ah ha, clearing the cache 3 times appears to have fixed it o_O not sure why but multiple reloads have got it looking like it should
    Was going to say the 4 major browsers are all supported and have been fully tested.

Great to see it is doing as it should now for you

Thank Post
    Did you get the support issues I raised through there?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Did you get the support issues I raised through there?
    Yes looking at it now.

Thank Post
    On the next update, which has more updates on the booking system? I'm wondering would there be separated section for booking out cameras and projectors in it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfergusson View Post
    On the next update, which has more updates on the booking system? I'm wondering would there be separated section for booking out cameras and projectors in it?
    There is no real distinction between rooms and resources so in the same way you add a room you can add a resource and have it booked out.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    There is no real distinction between rooms and resources so in the same way you add a room you can add a resource and have it booked out.
    Ahh what fought you might say that.

Would be nice to see in a future update, the option to create multiple booking systems. So when you click on resource manager if you only have one booking system in place then it goes to the default, but if you created multiple booking system then when you click on resource manager then you get select booking system that been created.

For us that would be Room booking, Camera Booking, and Flip Cameras Booking and so on to give it organise and simple as possible for staff, having all this under one booking sheet will be confusing to our staff.

The other thing I’m not sure if it already possible is to view booking information without logging on.

9. Thanks to dfergusson from:

ICTNUT (15th December 2011)

Thank Post
    Ahh what fought you might say that.

Would be nice to see in a future update, the option to create multiple booking systems. So when you click on resource manager if you only have one booking system in place then it goes to the default, but if you created multiple booking system then when you click on resource manager then you get select booking system that been created.

For us that would be Room booking, Camera Booking, and Flip Cameras Booking and so on to give it organise and simple as possible for staff, having all this under one booking sheet will be confusing to our staff.
    That would be do'able and will add it to the tracker for inclusion in a future release.

The other thing I’m not sure if it already possible is to view booking information without logging on.
    Not at present as the room booker is driven by the user who is logged on, however it would not take much work to create a read only view of the booking system in the same way that we have the helpdesk projector/screen over view. Will add this to the tracker as a feature request also.

11. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

dfergusson (15th December 2011)

Thank Post

Thumbs up OP SmartDesk v2.2 Released to Testers

Hi All,

We thought we would give you a bit of an update on how v2.2 of OP SmartDesk is coming along.

We released v2.2 to our BETA testing team on tuesday this week and so far feedback has been very good which means we are on course for general release of v2.2 at the end of the month.

So what has been done in the version I hear you all shout ;-)

The following items have been fixed / added:

- 0000422: [Admin Area] Adding / Editing Announcements (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000421: [Admin Area] Editing KB Cats (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000420: [User Area] Popular KB Articles RSS Feed (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000401: [Admin Area] SLA (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000415: [Staff Area] Update Stock (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000374: [User Area] Custom text on login screen (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000391: [Admin Area] Re order quick links (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000419: [Staff Area] KB Category Descriptions (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000418: [Staff Area] Auto insert KB tags (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000414: [Staff Area] Install consumable (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000416: [Admin Area] Removal of tags (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000409: [User Area] Home page layout (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000413: [Admin Area] Sorting users alphabetically on-load (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000417: [User Area] Front page layout (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000385: [Admin Area] sub categories problem (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000345: [User Area] Email to contain staff name (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000412: [Staff Area] Order notes by date - newest at top (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000150: [Admin Area] Pull timetable information from SIMS (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000407: [Staff Area] Notification of added notes (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000411: [Admin Area] Ability to trun off live stats (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000399: [Staff Area] Canned responses show pure HTML (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000405: [Staff Area] Inserting a canned response after typing custom reply (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000400: [Admin Area] emailpoll.aspx (ozanpakyuz) - resolved.
    - 0000158: [Staff Area] Bulk Actions (ozanpakyuz) - closed.
    - 0000379: [Asset Manager] Link asset custom fields to all types (ozanpakyuz) - closed.
    - 0000352: [Admin Area] Automatic reminders (ozanpakyuz) - closed.
    - 0000408: [Staff Area] Indication of button toggle (ozanpakyuz) - closed.

The online tracker can be found here - http://tracker.opsmartdesk.com/

Other items added that are not on the tracker:

Network Environment Monitoring
    A new environment monitoring system has been added which will allow temperature, humidity, light, and airflow /pressure readings to be logged within the helpdesk via remotely connected hardware sensors. You can set low and high thresholds which when met will trigger email notifications and log calls directly to the helpdesk. v2.3 should see the inclusion of SMS notifications also.

The data produced by the sensors can be viewed in real-time in a graphed output or you can drill down to a moment in time from the past 12 months.

The hardware sensors can be purchased directly from us here https://www.opsoftware.net/Content/Offers.aspx and are simply a case of plug and play.

Local Data Storage
    A new data storage facility has now been added which will remove the requirement for a full blown SQL Server to be setup. If you site has 100 users or less then this will be ideal and makes OP SmartDesk even easier to install as it will work right out of the box.

New Installation Tool
    We have put together a new installtion tool that will check your file and folder permissions for you, set up your database (local or remote), import base data, create your initial admin account, and get you up and running quickly and easily. This is a vast improvment on the previous installer and again should see you up and running nice and quickly.

Auto Closing of Support Requests
    A new auto close feature has been added that will allow you to specify after a period of inactivity the request be closed with email notifications being sent out.

Email Templates
    You can now edit the content of emails sent out from OP SmartDesk. This is not just limited to support requests as all emails can be editied, including Printer stock control, SLA notifications, and support requests. Alot of people have asked for this and here it is [biggrin]

POP3 and IMAP Email Account Polling
    You can now poll both POP3 and IMAP email account using normal and secure (SSL) ports. This is required if you wish to use either GMail or Microsofts' Live@Edu service for emailing into the helpdesk.

Outgoing Email Server Settings
    The outgoing email server settings have been moved out of the web.config file and into the admin area of OP SmartDesk. This has been done to allow more flexability in order to setup non defualt our going SMTP ports and to allow the use of SSL. This is required if you wish to use either GMail or Microsofts' Live@Edu service for sending email out the helpdesk.

SPECIAL OFFER STILL ON
    Don't forget we are still offering the by a 2 year license get the third year free, thats 3 years of support and upgrades for just 500 with ZERO restrictions in the use of the software.

As you can see we have been busy over the last month or so trying to bring you all the updates you asked for. We look forward to the end of the month and the release of v2.2 to you.

13. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

vikpaw (6th January 2012)

Thank Post
    Are there any plans to include any options to create/manage change requests within OPSD?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Is there something wrong we're doing to upload assets via the upload tool?
    Snippet of the top 3 lines of our CSV....

tag,purchasedate,conditionid,locationid,supplierid ,manufid,modelnumber,serialnumber,typeid,siteid,wa rrantystart,warrantyend,warrantyprovider
    ,2011-06-01,2,60,6,7,i3-2100,,3,1,2011-06-01,2016-06-01,Us
    ,2011-06-01,2,60,6,7,i3-2100,,3,1,2011-06-01,2016-06-01,Us

Gives us either a Input string was not in a correct format or Process in use error (it's not in use our end)
    If I take out the headers (it says column headers not required) we get no error at all but it doesn't upload anything either.

Oddly, if we look at the sites, the starting asset tag is increasing so *something* appears to be going in!
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 17th February 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 1,342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Are there any plans to include any options to create/manage change requests within OPSD?
    Yes change management is in the works.

Ben

Thank Post
    Hi All,

Today sees the release of OP SmartDesk v2.2 (Diamond), customers can access this download from their customer accounts here - https://www.opsoftware.net/customers/

This release has a number of new features, streamlining of exisiting workflows and a number of bug fixes - More information can be found on our change log here - Change Log - OP Software Issue Tracker

So what has been done in the version I hear you all shout ;-)

The following items have been fixed / added:

- 0000422: [Admin Area] Adding / Editing Announcements - resolved.
    - 0000421: [Admin Area] Editing KB Cats - resolved.
    - 0000420: [User Area] Popular KB Articles RSS Feed - resolved.
    - 0000401: [Admin Area] SLA - resolved.
    - 0000415: [Staff Area] Update Stock - resolved.
    - 0000374: [User Area] Custom text on login screen - resolved.
    - 0000391: [Admin Area] Re order quick links - resolved.
    - 0000419: [Staff Area] KB Category Descriptions - resolved.
    - 0000418: [Staff Area] Auto insert KB tags - resolved.
    - 0000414: [Staff Area] Install consumable - resolved.
    - 0000416: [Admin Area] Removal of tags - resolved.
    - 0000409: [User Area] Home page layout - resolved.
    - 0000413: [Admin Area] Sorting users alphabetically on-load - resolved.
    - 0000417: [User Area] Front page layout - resolved.
    - 0000385: [Admin Area] sub categories problem - resolved.
    - 0000345: [User Area] Email to contain staff name - resolved.
    - 0000412: [Staff Area] Order notes by date - newest at top - resolved.
    - 0000150: [Admin Area] Pull timetable information from SIMS - resolved.
    - 0000407: [Staff Area] Notification of added notes - resolved.
    - 0000411: [Admin Area] Ability to trun off live stats - resolved.
    - 0000399: [Staff Area] Canned responses show pure HTML - resolved.
    - 0000405: [Staff Area] Inserting a canned response after typing custom reply - resolved.
    - 0000400: [Admin Area] emailpoll.aspx - resolved.
    - 0000158: [Staff Area] Bulk Actions - closed.
    - 0000379: [Asset Manager] Link asset custom fields to all types - closed.
    - 0000352: [Admin Area] Automatic reminders - closed.
    - 0000408: [Staff Area] Indication of button toggle - closed.

The online tracker can be found here - http://tracker.opsmartdesk.com/

Other items added that are not on the tracker:

Responsive User interface
    The user fontend has been re-designed to use a more responsive layout and now fully supports HTML5 & CSS3, what does this mean?

Well the software now knows what device is being used to view it so if you use a mobile, tablet (iPad, etc) or desktop the interface adapts to fit without loss if information on screen or ease of use.

With v2.3 the staff and admin areas will also use this new responsive design making OP Smartdesk truely portable without having to install additional addons and the added administration that brings.

Network Environment Monitoring
    A new environment monitoring system has been added which will allow temperature, humidity, light, and airflow /pressure readings to be logged within the helpdesk via remotely connected hardware sensors. You can set low and high thresholds which when met will trigger email notifications and log calls directly to the helpdesk. v2.3 should see the inclusion of SMS notifications also.

The data produced by the sensors can be viewed in real-time in a graphed output or you can drill down to a moment in time from the past 12 months.

The hardware sensors can be purchased directly from us here https://www.opsoftware.net/Content/Offers.aspx and are simply a case of plug and play.

New Installation & Upgrade Tools
    We have put together a new installtion tool that will check your file and folder permissions for you, set up your database, import base data, create your initial admin account, and get you up and running quickly and easily. This is a vast improvment on the previous installer and again should see you up and running nice and quickly.

Auto Closing of Support Requests
    A new auto close feature has been added that will allow you to specify after a period of inactivity the request be closed with email notifications being sent out.

Email Templates
    You can now edit the content of emails sent out from OP SmartDesk. This is not just limited to support requests as all emails can be editied, including Printer stock control, SLA notifications, and support requests. Alot of people have asked for this and here it is

POP3 and IMAP Email Account Polling
    You can now poll both POP3 and IMAP email account using normal and secure (SSL) ports. This is required if you wish to use either GMail or Microsofts' Live@Edu service for emailing into the helpdesk.

Outgoing Email Server Settings
    The outgoing email server settings have been moved out of the web.config file and into the admin area of OP SmartDesk. This has been done to allow more flexability in order to setup non defualt our going SMTP ports and to allow the use of SSL. This is required if you wish to use either GMail or Microsofts' Live@Edu service for sending email out the helpdesk.

SPECIAL OFFER STILL ON
    Don't forget we are still offering the by a 2 year license get the third year free, thats 3 years of support and upgrades for just 500 with ZERO restrictions in the use of the software.

As you can see we have been busy over the last month or so trying to bring you all the updates you asked for. We look forward to your feedback as usual.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    - 0000150: [Admin Area] Pull timetable information from SIMS - resolved.
    How do you go about making use of pull timetable from SIMS?

Thanks
    Darren

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread