+ Post New Thread
Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; What version are you running? Ben...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    What version are you running?

Ben

Thank Post
    OP SmartDesk™ Pro v2.0.4111.31536

Thank Post
    Any one know how to get any support on issue I posted? I tried to post on support site but unable to type anything under description.
    Last edited by dfergusson; 23rd May 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Ben (@plexer) is around and may be able to help. Haven't used the support site for a while, will go and check now.
    You could also, pm @ICTNUT or send him an email, either direct or to the support email address. pm me if you don't have it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfergusson View Post
    Any one know how to get any support on issue I posted? I tried to post on support site but unable to type anything under description.
    This is due to your proxy server and the WYSIWYG editor.

You could try using the form on here: OP SmartDesk - Web Based Helpdesk | Asset Management | Network Monitoring

Thank Post
    @dfergusson - looking back 2 pages, i had the exact same error and it turned out to be a DB problem, i had to send it in to ozan for the fix, and he then told me what sql code to run. It was a simple tag on one of the incidents that sent it screwy when it did a query that included it.

For me it was on the tblsupportrequest where some incidents had a NULL ownerID. No doubt that error would happen for many other situations, but it could be worth checking until you can get ozzie to have a look. Just don't tweak or play with anything if you do find something wrong. At least not without taking a backup first!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    @dfergusson just sent oz an sms for help

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfergusson View Post
    Everytime I click on Track Incidents I getting the following error.

What do I need todo to resolve?

Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i) +185
    OPSD.tracking1.rTracking_OnItemDatabound(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) +6457
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHi erarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +693
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(E ventArgs e) +68
    OPSD.tracking1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1307
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428
    This is a DB error, I have PM'd you asolution to fix the issue. As of the September 2011 release this has been resolved.

9. 2 Thanks to ICTNUT:

dfergusson (10th June 2011), plexer (23rd May 2011)

Thank Post

Free?

I thought you said this software was going to be free? The only version that is free, really wouldn't be justified to use in a secondary school. Very disappointed.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kysumu View Post
    I thought you said this software was going to be free? The only version that is free, really wouldn't be justified to use in a secondary school. Very disappointed.
    There is a free version, with some limitations, it would be ideal for a primary school that is struggling for cash. A secondary school no doubt has a larger team and more cash, so can afford to chip in for the development.
    I think it's unfair of you to expect something for nothing, but i'm sure the following barrage of people disagreeing you will get that message across.
    The actual price of the system is really cheap for what you get.

Thank Post
    Hmm. The link doesn't seem to take me to a form to fill out. Is the link broken? Would love to get it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    OK guys and gals it's here 0.9.6b is officially out and released.

However in order for you guys to get it for free you will need to fill out this form -> here <- so as to ensure that only those in education do actually get it for free.

Once you have applied an email will be sent to you with a unique download link to get the software.

On another note some of you mayhave noticed that the OP Software site is now redirecting to the mylittlehelpdesk site, this has been done to try and consolidate web hosting costs especially bandwidth, the forums are still in place -> here <- and those of you that have registered already will not need to do so again.

PLEASE NOTE:
    To upgrade you must be on version 0.9.4b and you must take a complete baqckup of the site and database prior to upgrading. This is a major upgrade and as such most of the files have been changed in one way or another so you are advise to replace all files you have in your support site / folder.

Any problems you all now what to do

Thank Post
    Ok, i see where you're coming from, that was a previous incarnation. We're now on a far superior product OP SmartDesk.
    If you had My Little Helpdesk, i'm sure that would have remained free, but you can't sign up for it now.
    If you look back a page or so, you'll see the release of the latest version which includes details of what is now available for free, a single user licence for a school, hosted, and without asset management or network management.
    This thread is rather long, and perhaps we should start a new one for the new product suite...

EDIT: That quote is 3 years, 3 months old.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 23rd May 2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: addition.

14. Thanks to vikpaw from:

ICTNUT (23rd May 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kysumu View Post
    Hmm. The link doesn't seem to take me to a form to fill out. Is the link broken? Would love to get it for free.
    MyLittleHelpdesk went end of life 12 months ago and there was a crossover between MLH and OPSD to allow people who wanted to upgrade the ability to do so.

We do offer a free schools version which is hosted by us as VikPaw says and this is meant as an entry level version for schools that have not had experience of helpdesk software but would like to try without any risk to them. Most schools that have tried it have then gone on to upgrade to the full version.

Our software has a full implementation of a helpdesk with loads of features, asset management with loads of features, network monitoring coming in Sept 2011 as well as a totally revamped room booker based of feedback from this forum of users.

If you would like to take a look please do PM me and we can sort something out for you.

Thank Post
    Will you be BETA testing these new features soon?

Thank Post
    Hope to have a BETA out any day soon, Plexer needs the ability to bulk add assets via csv uploaded so we are adding this in for him now.

As soon as we finish internal QA testing then its out to you guys :-)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread