+ Post New Thread
Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Logged another incident with an attachment. First issue was that it was not of valid extension. Ok, so changed to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Logged another incident with an attachment.
    First issue was that it was not of valid extension. Ok, so changed to a Word doc that is allowed, but error did not budge.
    I thought this might be because the file name had brackets so tried again, but error persisted.
    Thinking this might be due to spaces in the filename, tried a picture, and thought it might not work as the folder had a space in it, but this time it worked. It was a short path though.
    I vaguely remember someone mentioning an issue with filenames or path lengths, was that to do with OPSD or should i keep experimenting..?

Anyway, the file attached okay however i was expecting it to be available on the helpdesk. I can't see a link, so the only way to access the document is via the email that is sent back to the user and copied to the helpdesk email. So now i've redirected all emails from the it-yelpdesk account to the it admins group. And turned off all SLA emails as we now have a load of them

Thank Post
    It makes me feel better that your demo doesn't work either! At least it's not my site.

Helpdesk Open Call Monitor

3. 2 Thanks to Edu-IT:

ICTNUT (2nd March 2011), plexer (2nd March 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Logged another incident with an attachment.
    First issue was that it was not of valid extension. Ok, so changed to a Word doc that is allowed, but error did not budge.
    I thought this might be because the file name had brackets so tried again, but error persisted.
    Thinking this might be due to spaces in the filename, tried a picture, and thought it might not work as the folder had a space in it, but this time it worked. It was a short path though.
    I vaguely remember someone mentioning an issue with filenames or path lengths, was that to do with OPSD or should i keep experimenting..?

Anyway, the file attached okay however i was expecting it to be available on the helpdesk. I can't see a link, so the only way to access the document is via the email that is sent back to the user and copied to the helpdesk email. So now i've redirected all emails from the it-yelpdesk account to the it admins group. And turned off all SLA emails as we now have a load of them
    I believe I know what you mean. I tried with

this is a file with a really really really really really really reall long name to test.txt

and it doesn't seem to appear.

5. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

ICTNUT (2nd March 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I believe I know what you mean. I tried with

this is a file with a really really really really really really reall long name to test.txt

and it doesn't seem to appear.
    Hmm i'll do some testing and see what going on, the name is actually replaced with a globally unique name so it maybe when it is being attached to email that it is failing as this happens first. Leave it with me.

While i'm here, thanks for all the feedback guys, helps heaps

Thank Post
    More problems. :-(

Setting a follow up causes an Error page
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 2nd March 2011 at 03:41 PM.

Thank Post
    More problems. :-(

Setting a follow up causes an Error page.

Given that we keep finding these issues which are preventing us from using the helpdesk to its full potential, and they do not appear to be site specific, is there any way we can get some extension on our licence or something?
    looking into it and have PM'd you

However the issues you have found are not by any means show stoppers and do not prohibit the use of the software.

Thank Post
    Don't have any PM messages from you.

I understand that they're not show stoppers, and hope you didn't take offence to my comment, but they're issues nevertheless. I totally appreciate that you're working to fix them though.

The follow up is a show stopper as there is no alternative way from what I can see to set a follow up.

Thank Post
    Don't have any PM messages from you.

I understand that they're not show stoppers, and hope you didn't take offence to my comment, but they're issues nevertheless. I totally appreciate that you're working to fix them though.

The follow up is a show stopper as there is no alternative way from what I can see to set a follow up.
    Have PM'd you again.

No offenece taken at all, as i have said previously the software is complex and we have limited testers and although we test and catch 99% of issues sometimes they get through and feedback from yourself is very valuable and apreciated as it helps in future development of the software for other users too

Thank Post
    And now at last i'm a feedbacker too

The IT manager loves it, and wants to start using asset management early next week, so if you have any guides, caveats etc. point me in the right direction.

Was a bit apprehensive of using it at first, but it's working really well, just getting used to it's little nuances, and changing how we work a little.

Thanks. We should start a OPSD users group . . . or is this it!

Thank Post
    How do you edit titles for resource bookings? Double clicking doesn't seem to work. Can anyone try? (Firefox 3.6.13)

Thank Post
    It's a really hard combo of clicking in the right place at the right time. IE8.
    I managed to book a room during a 'vacation'! Out of 4 accidental bookings caused by clicking i managed to edit the title on one. I think you have to be real slow, and then wait for the click here message, if you time it right the text / box goes blue and you can type.
    I think it's too easy to book, and needs a form. Also the pop up confirming bookings / changes doesn't help as it covers the booking and slows you down.
    The right click menu options are practically invisible for me and i can't remove a booking.
    Ideally, i'd like a special room bookings user too, so that IT teachers can control their rooms.

EDIT:
    Managed to delete one booking but had to click refresh on browser manually. Now can't delete any more.
    Also, the tool tip is a hindrance to clicking.
    Can't delete any more bookings and have this script error:

Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1; FDM; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0)
    Timestamp: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 07:23:10 UTC

Line: 228
    Char: 126
    Code: 0
    URI: http://ithelpdesk/Staff/resDay.aspx
    sorry for the barrage, just not used it before and thought i'd try it out.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 3rd March 2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: additional notes

Thank Post
    It's a really hard combo of clicking in the right place at the right time. IE8.
    I managed to book a room during a 'vacation'! Out of 4 accidental bookings caused by clicking i managed to edit the title on one. I think you have to be real slow, and then wait for the click here message, if you time it right the text / box goes blue and you can type.
    I think it's too easy to book, and needs a form. Also the pop up confirming bookings / changes doesn't help as it covers the booking and slows you down.
    The right click menu options are practically invisible for me and i can't remove a booking.
    Ideally, i'd like a special room bookings user too, so that IT teachers can control their rooms.

EDIT:
    Managed to delete one booking but had to click refresh on browser manually. Now can't delete any more.
    Also, the tool tip is a hindrance to clicking.
    Can't delete any more bookings and have this script error:

sorry for the barrage, just not used it before and thought i'd try it out.
    The room booking facility is a little "clunky"

We are redsiging it to be much more intuative and easier to use and will have support for a full 2 week timetable ETA on the redsign is the September release.

Thank Post
    I wouldn't say it's clunky at all, it works extremely well, in fact it's way too easy to make a booking. Just needs some things ironing out. A redesign will be good.
    Please can you include the functionality to make a list of users admins of a resouce so they have the ability to change things around but regular users can only make bookings. Also the option to have a slot available for request is nice. CSV import for bulk bookings i.e. computer room timetable put in for whole term.
    We currently use MRBS php thingy and it seems to work well if you want something to refer to.

Thank Post
    I wouldn't say it's clunky at all, it works extremely well, in fact it's way too easy to make a booking. Just needs some things ironing out. A redesign will be good.
    Please can you include the functionality to make a list of users admins of a resouce so they have the ability to change things around but regular users can only make bookings. Also the option to have a slot available for request is nice. CSV import for bulk bookings i.e. computer room timetable put in for whole term.
    We currently use MRBS php thingy and it seems to work well if you want something to refer to.
    For the September Release we are aimimng to have a new user permissions facility where you will be able to create custom user groups and apply the permissions you want them to have, this will provide a much more flexible security/access system.

As far as room booking goes we will be looking at displaying the booking page as a time table with periods, breaks and before/after school and initially the support for SIMS import, add to this the above custom permissions and I think you will have pretty much what you are after.
    Last edited by ICTNUT; 3rd March 2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: argghh typos

17. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

vikpaw (3rd March 2011)

Thank Post
    Heck yes. That will be Awesome.
    Thanks, that sounds like a really good setup.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread