+ Post New Thread
Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Empty area? Can you post the code you are using? Also, make sure: It is important that you insert this ...

Thank Post
    Empty area? Can you post the code you are using? Also, make sure:

It is important that you insert this code immediately before the end </body> tag, and not within the <head> tag

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,408 Times in 1,166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Empty area? Can you post the code you are using? Also, make sure:
    I tried it on my intranet and borked up the page. Second test failed. Now i've got this below page on the helpdesk server running out of the OPSD folder. It should work right? I've tried altering the two places that reference the site and prefixing "http:" but that didn't work either.
    I know it's something stupid.

<html>
    <head>
    <title>
    TEST New Helpdesk
    </title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//ithelpdesk/external/OPSD_DropBox/opsd.dropbox.1-0.js></script>
    <style type="text/css" media="screen, projection">
    @import url(//ithelpdesk/external/OPSD_DropBox/opsd.dropbox.1-0.css);
    </style>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    if (typeof(OPSD_DropBox) !== "undefined") {
    OPSD_DropBox.init({
    url: "http://ithelpdesk",
    tabID: "support",
    tabColor: "black",
    tabPosition: "Left",
    queue: "1",
    priority: "2"
    });
    }
    </script>
    </body>
    </html>

Thank Post
    I've tried and I cannot get it to work either. I just whipped up a quick test page and used the demo code from the OPSD site and it wouldn't display.

Might be worth logging a proper support request?
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 23rd February 2011 at 03:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Just tried to log this as an incident as I am unable to get it to work despite spending a good half hour. Hoping Ozan can identify where we're going wrong. Using the new Support tab on the OPSD website I get this error though. see attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Just tried to log this as an incident as I am unable to get it to work despite spending a good half hour. Hoping Ozan can identify where we're going wrong. Using the new Support tab on the OPSD website I get this error though. see attached.
    cheers bud, glad it's not just me, been struggling for a few days now, and forget what i've tried and what not. still can't believe my intranet page got mangled. haven't tried firefox, yet might go for that, as it's a little more reliable.

i had a quick look at the code, and there's so much i haven't followed it. but it looks like the kind of code that you activate, and call but that's probably old school. I wanted it to put a 'dropbox' where i put the script code, but no joy. i might start doctoring the script now, to stick an alert in just to see if it's working.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    I tried it on my intranet and borked up the page. Second test failed. Now i've got this below page on the helpdesk server running out of the OPSD folder. It should work right? I've tried altering the two places that reference the site and prefixing "http:" but that didn't work either.
    I know it's something stupid.
    I can see that there is a double quote missing (") at the end of the script line:

<script type="text/javascript" src="//ithelpdesk/external/OPSD_DropBox/opsd.dropbox.1-0.js></script>
    should be

<script type="text/javascript" src="//ithelpdesk/external/OPSD_DropBox/opsd.dropbox.1-0.js"></script>

7. Thanks to ICTNUT from:

Edu-IT (24th February 2011)

Thank Post
    I have just logged several on both our OPSD site and our OP Software site both of which goto different queues and no errors.

Can you PM me with what you did so I can try and replicate.

Thank Post
    The quotation mark is missing from the actual code snippet. I checked mine and the demo.

Demo:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//demo.opsmartdesk.com/external/OPSD_DropBox/opsd.dropbox.1-0.js></script>
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 24th February 2011 at 01:32 PM.

Thank Post
    The Support tab is working on your website now also. Can only assume it was a quirk!

The http: seems to be needed to.

Doesn't work:
    <html>
    <body>

<script type="text/javascript" src="//demo.opsmartdesk.com/external/OPSD_DropBox/opsd.dropbox.1-0.js"></script>
    @import url(//demo.opsmartdesk.com/external/OPSD_DropBox/opsd.dropbox.1-0.css);
    </style>
    OPSD_DropBox.init({
    url: "http://demo.opsmartdesk.com",
    queue: 1,
    priority: 1,
    });
    }
    </script>

</body>
    </html>
    Works:
    <html>
    <body>

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://demo.opsmartdesk.com/external/OPSD_DropBox/opsd.dropbox.1-0.js"></script>
    @import url(http://demo.opsmartdesk.com/external...pbox.1-0.css);
    </style>
    OPSD_DropBox.init({
    url: "http://demo.opsmartdesk.com",
    queue: 1,
    priority: 1,
    });
    }
    </script>

</body>
    </html>
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 24th February 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Thank Post
    Also, as mentioned before, what has happened to the reporting graphs?

The SLA Timing page doesn't work on your demo either.
    Last edited by Edu-IT; 25th February 2011 at 10:38 PM.

Thank Post
    The quotation mark is missing from the actual code snippet. I checked mine and the demo.

Demo:
    What a school boy error! How did we miss that

I too need to add the http: on two lines before i get anything working.

Can i suggest Ozan, that perhaps there is a demo / test page already present in the OPSD folder so it's easy for the users to see what they would get, and also work out how to get it to work.

I know your guide says help with putting it on a website is not your responsibility but i followed the simple instructions and it's not really usable.

I have a tab that permanently stays to the left hand side of the screen, centered no matter if i resize. I can change the colour of the box to blue, but cannot change the text. If i send the box to the right, which is preferable, i lose the text and just get a solid box.

It's a simple html page with a table. The script code is at the bottom, outside of all other tags. I removed my own CSS file reference but that didn't help. Removing doctype references and meta data, caused the tab to appear on the left even though it was supposed to be on the right. And all my other layout went funny.

I just want a simple link, that when clicked will launch that box. I don't need all the fancy floating tabs, it just doesn't seem to be doing the job and in the absence of a working email poller i need this to work so users don't have to log in.

I've tried to have a look at the code again, but it's not obvious, i tried to add the onclick function to another link -> not that simple! However i do love this comment:

// IE, you suck

Anyone with a clue or even half a clue please help, or PM or email, much appreciated.

Thank Post
    What a school boy error! How did we miss that

Can i suggest Ozan, that perhaps there is a demo / test page already present in the OPSD folder so it's easy for the users to see what they would get, and also work out how to get it to work.

I know your guide says help with putting it on a website is not your responsibility but i followed the simple instructions and it's not really usable.

I have a tab that permanently stays to the left hand side of the screen, centered no matter if i resize. I can change the colour of the box to blue, but cannot change the text. If i send the box to the right, which is preferable, i lose the text and just get a solid box.

It's a simple html page with a table. The script code is at the bottom, outside of all other tags. I removed my own CSS file reference but that didn't help. Removing doctype references and meta data, caused the tab to appear on the left even though it was supposed to be on the right. And all my other layout went funny.

I just want a simple link, that when clicked will launch that box. I don't need all the fancy floating tabs, it just doesn't seem to be doing the job and in the absence of a working email poller i need this to work so users don't have to log in.

I've tried to have a look at the code again, but it's not obvious, i tried to add the onclick function to another link -> not that simple! However i do love this comment:

Anyone with a clue or even half a clue please help, or PM or email, much appreciated.
    Vik,

A bit of info needed.

What browser(s) are you using, version number if possible?
    Waht additional text are you after?

Thank Post
    We have added a check to ensure that if http or https is required it will get added.

Normally you would not need it however after testing from behind a proxy server (which most schools will have) then this can play havoc and not resolve correctly.

I will ensure that a KB Article is put up on our support site, if anyone want to see what you will get if you use this then check out any of our sites as they all have it in place.

@vik a new documentation website is being setup where the online manual will be available, this will launch initially with the setup and upgrade manuals, then we will move on to user manuals from there.

Thank Post
    IE 8.0.6001.18702
    Firefox 3.6.13
    Safari 5.0.3(7533.19.4)

All had the same symptoms on a Windows XP SP3 box.

Site listed as an exception, proxy bypassed. Java installed and working as far as i know.

The text i#d like is to just change the word "Support" to "IT Helpdesk". Also for my page it would be easier to have the tab at the bottom. Or just the popup (on click) feature tied to a text link rather than the tab. It#s a bit more versatile that way and more easily managed.

I#m finding it very hard to keep track of which webpage i need to go to for what. opsoftware.net opsoftware.com opsmartdesk.net beta site, main site, customer site, tracker, all the different logins. It would be handy to have one central page that has links to all other areas and what they are for, and a central sign on. Maybe it#s just me getting confused.

Thank Post
    Just a query as i don't want to add it as a bug, in case i'm doing something wrong.

How do you close a call? I can't see how to do it, as admin. I can post a reply. Or i can bulk close a case, and then have to add a reason.
    What i'd like to do, and am used to is to add a reply and check a closed button. Maybe i've missed it, or my workflow is non-standard.
    If any current user can advise pls..?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread