+ Post New Thread
Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by vikpaw I would love this feature as they always reply to the email, or i'd have to ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    I would love this feature as they always reply to the email, or i'd have to remove the update details from the email so they have to log in to see the update.
    This has always been in OPSD. Aslong as you setup a dedicated helpdesk inbox the helpdesk will poll it, add new incidents or update exisiting ones, no need for staff to visit the helpdesk at all. If an email is not recognised it will be placed into a holding queue where the helpdesk admin can then delete it (spam) or add it as an incident.

Thank Post
    OK All,

v2.0.4068.35253 has been released to the customers area ready for download. Get it here https://www.opsoftware.net/customers/

We have fully tested this morning and are happy that the issues raised have been fixed.

Enjoy

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I'm not sure I understand you?
    What I found was that if for some reason you sent an email from the helpdesk email, to the helpdesk email, it got deleted but didn't get logged. To be fair the only way this could happen is if you have the helpdesk email address in your email client and forget to change the send from email. It's very specific conditions and chances are it won't affect many people.
    Yeah this would be true as the helpdesk cannot raise incidents for itself.

If it could it would just end in an infinate loop or paradox, the network would then collapse, spreading to the local internet and then out to the rest of the online world. Imagine a life without eBay

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 1,194 Posts
    Sorry, i didn't realise the email poller would do this, as i haven't got it working yet. Let me upgrade then see what has changed.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    Yes copying the files over making sure you overwrite them should be sufficient however I tend to do the following when I upgrade:

Backup the database, a .bak file is fine for this.

Backup all the helpdesk files to another directory then remove all files and folders apart from the App_Data folder, leave that there.

Then copy in all the upgrade files making sure you overwrite the app_data folder when prompted.

This way you can be sure you have the latest clean files.
    Can i add some caveats to this procedure for anyone else following.

1) As well as preserving the app_data folder, i would preserve web.config to save having to put all the details back in.

2) Backup / preserve user photos and logos, which also disappeared, and i'm not even sure where they were stored.

Upgrade to 2.0.4068.35253 went well - aren't you proud of me? No new breakages yet

I'm still getting the Ajax error on user edit when using IE. This is on server and on client. helpdesk site is in trusted zone and known as local intranet site, by name. Do i need to put IP in as well?

We have a ISA proxy server in use, but don't think that has any impact.

On the email poller page i'm getting this script error:
    Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
    Timestamp: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:00:27 UTC

Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorExceptio n: IOException occurred. InnerException message follows: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
    Line: 2
    Char: 74672
    Code: 0
    URI: http://ithelpdesk/ScriptResource.axd...ffffffe43a7b39

Thank Post
    Did update still getting same issue, but can now post the proper error.

Error below is in reference when access users under admin dashboard.

Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i) +185
    OPSD.users.drStaff_OnItemDatabound(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) +1559
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHi erarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +693
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(E ventArgs e) +68
    OPSD.users.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1600
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428
    Last edited by dfergusson; 21st February 2011 at 03:27 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dfergusson View Post
    Did update still getting same issue, but can now post the proper error.

Error below is in reference when access users under admin dashboard.

Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Invalid attempt to read when no data is present.]
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i) +185
    OPSD.users.drStaff_OnItemDatabound(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) +1559
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHi erarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +693
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(E ventArgs e) +68
    OPSD.users.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1600
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428
    Yes thats much clearer, I have pm'd you in order to help resolve this as it would appear that you may have a couple of data issues that need resolving.

Thank Post
    Can i add some caveats to this procedure for anyone else following.

1) As well as preserving the app_data folder, i would preserve web.config to save having to put all the details back in.

2) Backup / preserve user photos and logos, which also disappeared, and i'm not even sure where they were stored.

Upgrade to 2.0.4068.35253 went well - aren't you proud of me? No new breakages yet

I'm still getting the Ajax error on user edit when using IE. This is on server and on client. helpdesk site is in trusted zone and known as local intranet site, by name. Do i need to put IP in as well?

We have a ISA proxy server in use, but don't think that has any impact.

On the email poller page i'm getting this script error:
    Yes i would agree the web.config file should be retained.

The user profile images can be found in the profile_images folder and yes retain those also, but in both cases if you have taken a backup you can simply restore these afterwards.

I would say that the ISA proxy is messing with both the helpdesk and the email poller. I will assume that IE has proxy settings set for the ISA proxy, if this is the case I would suggest adding the helpdesk url to the Bypass local proxy list as that should then sort your scripting errors and as far as email polling goes I would say that you may need to add a rule to the ISA server for this server to talk on ports 110 & 25.
    Last edited by ICTNUT; 21st February 2011 at 07:57 PM.

Thank Post
    Where do i get the code for the Instant Support widget? Will this rely on the email poller, or can i use it as a workaround?

Thank Post
    Is it just me or is username not case sensitive any more?

Thank Post
    Where do i get the code for the Instant Support widget? Will this rely on the email poller, or can i use it as a workaround?
    On the Admin Dashboard you'll see a link for Support DropBox under Addon Management.

Failing that, yourhelpdeskurl/Admin/dropbox.aspx

(Demo: http://demo.opsmartdesk.com/Admin/dropbox.aspx)

This feeds directly in to the helpdesk so will not rely on your email poller. The email address supplied through the DropBox will need to be registered in your helpdesk though for a user.

12. 2 Thanks to Edu-IT:

ICTNUT (22nd February 2011), vikpaw (23rd February 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    On the Admin Dashboard you'll see a link for Support DropBox under Addon Management.

Failing that, yourhelpdeskurl/Admin/dropbox.aspx

(Demo: OPSD Demo Helpdesk :: Login)

This feeds directly in to the helpdesk so will not rely on your email poller. The email address supplied through the DropBox will need to be registered in your helpdesk though for a user.
    Thanks. Stupid me, saw that and thought it was some advanced feature for file sharing, i.e. using dropbox.com , so would investigate it later once all other problems were fixed.

Will go test it out now, cos email polling is being an absolute nightmare.
    Can't get smartping to work on server or my desktop, i'm assuming it's still needed.
    And during tested, found out that any client that has had pop3 access on exchange prior to exchange 2010, cannot now use pop3 on exchange 2010. First attempt at a patch in a rollup failed. That was quite a few hours wasted yesterday

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,743 Times in 2,317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    cannot now use pop3 on exchange 2010. First attempt at a patch in a rollup failed. That was quite a few hours wasted yesterday
    Have you made sure that the pop3 server service is running and the firewall exception is enabled. Even if pop3 is enabled in the system manager it does not appear to start the service by default - or at least mine didn't - so it might be worth a check of those two things if you have not already done so.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Have you made sure that the pop3 server service is running and the firewall exception is enabled. Even if pop3 is enabled in the system manager it does not appear to start the service by default - or at least mine didn't - so it might be worth a check of those two things if you have not already done so.
    Cheers mate, yup done all that, i know it's the fault i mentioned because a new account created since exchange was upgraded works fine, and first time. However along the way, i did find that the service needs starting, that we had to drop authentication level, and restart service too. Now running on plain text authentication so that i can use telnet to test.

I can telnet from helpdesk server to exchange and pop3 the email, but the email poller just doesn't want to play ball.

Thank Post
    Ok, i'm doing something stupid, Again!
    What more do i do with that javascript code aside from putting it in a web page?
    I think something screwy is going on. I can't get my own code to work on my intranet or on a webpage on the helpdesk server.
    I can't even get the demo site's code to work.

I just get an empty area. Do i need to add an element and reference the javascript or some such?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread