+ Post New Thread
Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Scripts Thread, FITS Compliant Web Based Helpdesk - ** RELEASED ** in Coding and Web Development; Ben, is it possible to edit the notification emails?...

Thank Post
    Ben, is it possible to edit the notification emails?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Vik: It doesn't matter what you call your helpdesk, the expired controls are sorted in the latest beta.

Ben
    cheers
    I thought as much, but you never know as i've never got the thing working properly yet.
    I know can't access the beta website, can you please email me the link. I followed what i thought was correct but get a 404. When i follow the link in the email that has my username and password, i end up at my profile on wordpress, and then can go to some kind of dashboard for the blogs but cant see where to find the BETA.
    I'm assuming if i get the lastest BETA i can whack it on top of my install and start going with something.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    cheers
    I thought as much, but you never know as i've never got the thing working properly yet.
    I know can't access the beta website, can you please email me the link. I followed what i thought was correct but get a 404. When i follow the link in the email that has my username and password, i end up at my profile on wordpress, and then can go to some kind of dashboard for the blogs but cant see where to find the BETA.
    I'm assuming if i get the lastest BETA i can whack it on top of my install and start going with something.
    Vik, just emailed you but yes you do have access o the BETA site so i would suggest you jump on there and download the latest version.

Plexer and the guys are in final stages of testing with a view to having the release out at the end of next week, maybe before if all goes well.

We seem to have squished a number of issues and have a full implementation of Asset Management & Live Chat too.

Give me a shout if you get stuck with anything.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Ben, is it possible to edit the notification emails?
    As in edit the content?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Oh really? So, there should be no harm in me going in and renaming OPSD in IIS to something else? :-)

Thanks Ben, again!
    Thats fine mine is helpdesk.wayland.local for the production site and my test is adserver01/opsddemo as it is a virtual directory.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT View Post
    Vik, just emailed you but yes you do have access o the BETA site so i would suggest you jump on there and download the latest version.

Plexer and the guys are in final stages of testing with a view to having the release out at the end of next week, maybe before if all goes well.

We seem to have squished a number of issues and have a full implementation of Asset Management & Live Chat too.

Give me a shout if you get stuck with anything.
    i had the wrong link, was going to opsoftware.net
    now i'm shouting:

Invalid column name 'lastactivity'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'lastactivity'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'lastactivity'.] System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlExc eption exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1953274 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4849707 System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194 System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteRead er(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +204 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderT ds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader( CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNo nQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +175 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +137 OPSD.tester.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +4236 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627
    Does this mean that i need an interim BETA or what? i'm trying to go
    from OPSD_2_0_3964_32284_FULL
    to OPSD_2_0_4057_33376

Thank Post
    i had the wrong link, was going to opsoftware.net
    now i'm shouting:

Does this mean that i need an interim BETA or what? i'm trying to go
    from OPSD_2_0_3964_32284_FULL
    to OPSD_2_0_4057_33376
    Hi vik,

All upgrades contain updates from each previous update so there is no need to update sequentially

Have you carried out the data upgrade when you applied the beta, from the error I would say no

Thank Post
    If you mean go to /upgrade and go through the 3 steps of upgrade then yes i did. the only bit i didn't do was delete the setup and upgrade folders in case i needed them again.
    what does that mean? permissions issue? incomplete upgrade...?

Thank Post
    Ok, i have found the source i think, and troubleshooting is partly my fault.
    My Beta download has no dbupgrade file. But because i was cautious and didn't delete my previous setup/upgrade files. I didn't get the correct error.
    Now i'm wondering if on my base install, i needed to run the /upgrade routine after /setup, or whether it was ready to go.
    Either way, i'm missing a dbupgrade file.
    Please let me know if i'm on the right tracks. Ben did you apply the latest Beta yet?
    Going home now

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Well, you're in Bradford, they're based in Bradford. Are you anything to do with them, especially as you seem to be hijacking a sponsors thread? Also the site is very (and I mean VERY) basic and asks for you to hand over your detials with almost no hints as to what lies within. It could be a front for a data harvesting scam for all our members know!
    The guys at PrimaryTechnology are a good bunch who put in a lot of extra time ... perhaps a polite suggestion to be more explicit about the use of data on there site might be a more appropriate comment to make.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    The guys at PrimaryTechnology are a good bunch who put in a lot of extra time ... perhaps a polite suggestion to be more explicit about the use of data on there site might be a more appropriate comment to make.
    Still, the original post is rather disingenuous and unnecessary in the middle of this massive thread, where i'm desperately trying to get help from the sponsor, on-topic!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,784 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Still, the original post is rather disingenuous and unnecessary in the middle of this massive thread, where i'm desperately trying to get help from the sponsor, on-topic!
    And continuing this discussion here takes away from the thread. Taken to PM.

Thank Post
    Yes Ben I do mean the content of the emails.

Thank Post
    Yes Ben I do mean the content of the emails.
    I'm sure you can do this. There's also the canned response feature that lets you reply with a pre-configured reply to requests.

Thank Post
    I'm sure you can do this. There's also the canned response feature that lets you reply with a pre-configured reply to requests.
    I couldn't find an option within the CP.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread